*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543632-A-Creepy-Tale
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #1543632
Another real story

A Creepy Tale

This incident took place 5 years ago. It was relayed to me by my cousin, Leila.

The date was 04.08.2004. Leila, her boyfriend Lance and a couple of their friends, Jack, Mera and Anne were on their way home from a nightclub. They were not inebriated or under any substance influence, therefore were not hallucinating. Lance was the driver that night.

This was what happened. It was 2am, when they left the club and decided it was time to go home. Everyone still pretty feeling pretty hyper; and were singing and jamming along to the car radio blasting out the song ‘I hate myself for loving you’. There was a graveyard to pass through on the way home.

As they drove near the graveyard, suddenly Jack stopped singing and shouted “Stop the car!! Damn you Lance! You almost ran over the boy! Everyone looked to the road and asked “what boy?! We don’t see any boy?!” everyone said together, with much puzzlement.

“Good thing he ran across the road fast. You almost hit him!” Jack looked towards the graveyard.

Everyone followed Jack’s gaze, still very puzzled. “ So wheres the boy? We still don’t see anyone!”

“He’s over there, underneath the tree in the graveyard!” Jack pointed towards a big tree in the middle of the graveyard.

“Are you feeling alright, Jack?” Leila put her palm on his forehead, teasing him, and everyone roared with laughter!

Jack wasn’t laughing. He was indignant. “Damn it, you guys! Don’t you see him?! He’s just right there! He’s holding a red ball!

Suddenly, Jack tried to open the door to get out. (It was a good thing the child’s lock is still enabled. Jack’s mother drove the car this morning, shopping with his baby brother and had it on. No one bothered to had it disabled since then).

“Hey! Hey! Whatcha think you are doing Jack?! We are almost home! Hold on to your hose! Mera teased him of having a weak bladder.

“No! Don’t you all see?! The boy! He’s waving at me! He wants me to go and play ball with him!”. Jack was smiling and looking extremely elated. Anne and Mera had to hold on to him for he was now trying hard to kick the door open so he could get out.

“Stop it Jack! We are telling you, there’s no one there. So, quit it now!”, but they are now beginning to tense up as Jack kept insisting he saw a boy and put on quite a struggle to get out.

Lance sped off quickly and soon they all reached home safely.

The next day, they saw on the front page of the local newspaper with the headline, ‘Boy chasing ball ran over by a truck.’ Apparently, Jack saw the ghost of the boy killed earlier that day.
© Copyright 2009 PinkPhoenix (loonylucy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543632-A-Creepy-Tale