*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543760-just-my-thoughts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Draft · Experience · #1543760
thoughts about being free
you know that saying: "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone." That describes my new perspective of life. After spending 27 months behind bobbed wire fences and under officers directing your every step; I AM FREE! How do I begin to describe this feeling...it's like a new born baby beginning to walk and talk and taste solid foods.
Everything is fun and refreshing and alive and I am that new born baby wanting to experience it all with appreciation that I've been given another chance at this thing called life.

This time around I've got a different focus and different view on what's important and valuable in life. Before I wanted to be successful and important and have alot of things and money. Now, I am already rich with the love of my family and friends support. My definition of success is not to get a job that will give me an important sounding title but to be responsible and finish what i start.

First priority is my family; what they need and how i can meet those needs. To be the trusted and cool aunt and the reliable sister and the dependable daughter thats valuable, that's good stuff. to give cool gifts and help clean-up afterwards oh how i dream of those days. to experience those precious moments that cannot be recorded they just happen, that's life and that's the life i want to have.
© Copyright 2009 kimcopeland2009 (k.copeland2009 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1543760-just-my-thoughts