*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544118-emotionless-eyes
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1544118
her eyes were so blank as was the expression on her face
she walked the hallways with her head tucked down, only looking up when she bumped into someone. she was well known as the zombie girl, the 9th grader who was just an emotionless figure in the halls of the school. sometimes you could see her eyes red and puffy but rarely becuase her head was always down. one day her friends tried to confront her, but it did no use. so many were effected by the new her. shee was so blank, so emotionless, so deprssing.....but believe it or not, she was not always like this. on rare occasions hereyes would light up but the happyness would never spread far. her friends seemed to notice that when her eyes would light up, it would always be when she saw one of their 8th grade companions. soon they narrowed it down to one in particular, her old crush. So, desperate to get their old friend back, they confronted to boy one day with a desperate plee to get her back. he was surprised at the sudden confrontation but agreed. secretly he had been watching the girl... out of concern of course, and also wondered why she was like this. So the day came where the boy walked up to her in the afternoon after school and asked her a simple question.

"Whats wrong?" he asked looking her in her mud brown eyes. she looked at him in shock, then anger.

"Whats wrong? you ask?" she said calmly which scared him, she continued, "Every thing is wrong, Do think i like being this way?, sad all the time barely talking?" she yelled. he flinched.

"Well if you dont like it then why are you like this!" he retaliated angrily.

"Because i have nothing to be happy for!, i have nobody to smile for, i have no one just for me to talk to about my problems, and im always alone!" she cried, her eyes welling up with tears. he looked down, then at her friends who were also looking down, obviously ashamed that they had let it go this far. he looked back up at the now sobbing girl on the ground. by now every one had gone home. he grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a hug. she stiffened at the sudden emotion being portrayed. but she soon started sobbing into his arms. he pulled out of the hug and titled his head down just a bit, for he was just a couple inches taller than her, and smiled.

"I'm there for you, i always have been, and i always will be"
© Copyright 2009 angels wings white feathers (black-lilliac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544118-emotionless-eyes