*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544164-Cowboys-and-Angels
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Other · #1544164
The task was to create a story using as many song titles as possible.
Have you ever wondered if Heaven was a place on Earth?  Many of you probably think of it as just a dream, but it just happens to be a land that I come from.  It is a beautiful island out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.  No it is not Atlantis, that place sank in a battle.  We are nearby though.  It is a land magic and wonders ruled by Venus.
         My name is Lysaiah, but everyone here calls me Earth Angel.  I've had this name since I was four.  On bright and happy days, flowers would grow in my footsteps as I wandered through the forest.  Even the faeries find my magic hard to believe.  Mom says I'm a special angel because not many have magic.  I've been in love with nature since I could walk and love to talk to the animals.
         Every year Venue holds a spring festival.  Angels have a big part in the festival.  We are in charge of helping Mother Nature prepare the pasture.  For anyone to participate they have to be five.  Many of the younger and the ones to old to perform would sit and watch the shows.  The elders have always been the judges in the cooking competition.  I won't do that because I cannot cook.  This would be my 19th festival that I have seen and the 14th that I have participated in. 
         I've always loved the show that the Cowboys would perform, so ever since I was six I would sit on the corral fence and watch them everyday.  They have always been the ones I got along with the most.  The other Angels and Faeries are jealous of my magic.  The Cowboys have always made me feel wanted.  All I want is to feel wanted.  Why do the others have to make me feel like such an outcast?
         The best part about the spring festival is when cupid goes around to every couple and determines who is ready to wed.  Here in Heaven we get to choose our lover but Cupid tells us when it is time to unite the two families.  I've never been in love before.  Many times I've asked Cupid "Why can't I find love?" 
He wound reply "You have found love my little angel.  You just haven't realized it." 
I've never understood what he meant.
         That was two years ago.  I still haven't figure out what he meant by that I had already found love.  That's when I saw him, Mark Brooks, a cowboy that I have known for seven years.  The first the time we met, when I was twelve, he had saved me from the Silver Griffon.  Since then we have been good friends and he has been calling me Angel Baby because I was the only twelve-year-old that looked like she was four.  He taught me how to ride horses and teach them.  Then three years ago I had to leave to the Angel Academy to finish my teachings.  I haven't seen him since until today. 
         A strange feeling is taking over my body.  Could it be that I am falling in love?  I didn't know what to do.  I was happy and scared all at once.  I got up off the fence and went to the meadows behind the barn and sat under the great apple tree.  This is my secret place.  Nobody knows of it because the meadows are surrounded by willow trees. 
         My animal friends were there when I arrived, as if they were expecting me.  I started singing an enchanted melody that I've always sang for them.  Then I heard footsteps approaching.  I looked up and there he was.  I was surprised and all shook up I didn't know what to do.  I felt myself blushing so I faced the ground.
         "I'm sorry to have startled you," He said.
         "That's okay," I replied.  "You just took take my breath away for a moment."
         "I'm amazed with your singing." He said.  "I can tell that it came straight from the heart."
         I didn't know what to say.  No other being other than the animals of the forest has heard me sing.  Not even the Forest Dwarves or Woodland Fairies have heard me.
         "I have been missing you ever since you left." He said breaking the silence.  "I thought, there she goes.  I was wondering if I would ever see you again.  I've always thought of you as my special angel.  Everyone was saying heaven's missing an angel. You’re the only one whom the animals listen to.  I've always had a crush on you and I'm never giving up until we are together forever.  I am an owner of a lonely heart."
         I was totally surprised with what I was hearing.  Was it all real or just a dream?  He was saying all of his confessions on loving me.  I have always thought of him as a space cowboy.  He was different from the rest.  You can say Mark is one in a million.
         "I've been dreaming of you and waiting to see you again.  I've always wanted it to be just you and me”.  I finally managed to say.
         "I knew I loved you the moment you left.  I want you to be the angel of mine.  All I have to give is all of the secret love that I have been hiding.  I'll never break you heart.  This I promise you."  He said coming a little bit closer.
          From that point I knew we were so much in love.  Who’s never said that love is strange?  I could feel the sweet love that I thought I could find only in my dreams.  I felt like I was living in castles in the air.  I felt like crying tears of pearls.  I was off in another world but he must have known what I was thinking because then he kissed me.  His were sweeter than honey and they were kisses sweeter than wine.  I felt like I had just won two tickets to paradise.  I believe that we have the greatest love of all.  The greater gods have blessed us.  Now I finally understand what Cupid was saying.
         Now you know heaven is a place on Earth.  It just takes time to get there.  At one time I thought I was a fallen angel.  I drive myself crazy over the smallest things.  Two years later cupid decided that it was time.  I was happy when I got to say I DO!  Love is larger that life.  It just may come later for some than others.  It came late for me.  Just never give up.  You've probably already found it.  The power of love is not something to be denied.  Don't let yourself crash and burn.  If love takes a long time to come than god must have spent a little more time on you and there is someone he wants especially for you.
© Copyright 2009 Sairyn Raine (epicdreamer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544164-Cowboys-and-Angels