*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544504-Insanity-is-an-infectious-disease
by Roo
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Young Adult · #1544504
This is a piece from my work-in-process novella 'Kiss & make up'.
The mind begins to wonder when all you have is time. This place is full of time. Everyone has it. Being in here is not like being outside. In here people don't complain that they lack time. Quite the opposite., some of us have too much. What we lack is freedom.
Seriously be quiet. The voice in my head cut my ponderings short. I shrugged my shoulders and thought of her. Of Lexi, my girl. 'There must be a way out. I have to get out. I have to see her again. Lexi, why hasn't she visited? You would think that your girlfriend, the one you love, would visit. It's hardly like I did anything wrong.' But you did do something wrong. The voice contradicted. You did everything wrong. 'Wrong by her standards maybe.' Wrong by yours 'n all. Well; your old ones at least. 'It's her bloody fault I'm in here; she should've listened to me. How dare she talk to him, she's dating me!' Was dating you. 'Shut it. Maybe she will visit. My Lexi, or Kiss as her not-so-friendly friends and her bitch of  mother call her.' Called in her mothers case. 'What a stupid name. Kiss. Lexi is better. A real name. And more to the point it's actually short for Alexis. Kiss. Hah!' It's just a name; she liked being called Lexi anyway. My heads second voice decided to join the party. My hind began to feel very full. I like the name Kiss. The first voice was angry now, wanting to stand his ground. 'Shut it you two. Man alive; I was perfectly sane until they put me in this hellhole. Never heard voices, not once. And now I hear multiple. They even bloody argue. I swear, insanity is infectious.' The voices had quietened so I took the opportunity to pick myself up from the floor and into a lying position on my bed.
  'people break out of this place all the time.' Correction, people break out of places like this all the time. But not young offenders. I maximum security. Joy of joys; the voices were back.
Stop being such a baby, you can still break out.
Hah! Good luck.
If I can put a stop to Lexi's mum, I can break out of here.
What? You gonna kill the institution by burning it to death, are ya?
'Actually, that might just work.'
© Copyright 2009 Roo (midnightkisses at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544504-Insanity-is-an-infectious-disease