*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544643-Cougar-Dust-Part-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Animal · #1544643
Zhey is a cougar with a dark secret to reveal, but she chooses to keep it to herself.
Zhey sat lonely under a pine, trying to figure out what was the problem between the wolves and cougars. Her large feline head had drooped while she watched her ancestors die in the war she watched, with her friend the squirrel sitting in the tree. "Cheer up, Zhey. You won't lose Kav. I promise." the squirrel said. Zhey just shook her head. "The cougarians will lose because the population of the wolvians is larger than ours," she pointed out to the squirrel."You're right," the squirrel said. Zhey was worried she'd lose her beloved father and all the scars that came with him. "Alice, do you think we could try to help out in the war?" Alice shifted her hands. "Yes, but, um... squirrels can't fight. Besides, they wouldn't let me because I'm not a cougar." Zhey nodded. "True..." Alice was best friends with Zhey, and she wouldn't risk the loss of her feline friend. The femme cougar began licking her huge paws. Her mind was scrambled all between things--but Kav came over to comfort the jumbled femme, as if he was a mind-reader. Zhey took a quick breath, she was embarrassed in the presence of a male. Kav nudged Zhey. "What about all this nonsense you and Alice have been talking about lately?" Zhey looked confused at the grey cougar male. "I'm supposed to believe in the starpumas. Do I have to? It's my religion, mom says. All of my ancestors believe. This war was started because--" she paused. "because--" another pause. "because...I-i-i... was supposed to tell the whole cougarian clan that I-i-i---" a long pause. "I...have.....wings." Zhey unsheathed the cover upon her back. "Look...a gift of beyond the beyond you'd ever believe." Kav felt the oily and sleek feathers. "Amazing...I must end the war now."
.
© Copyright 2009 Katie Zhay (khatbat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1544643-Cougar-Dust-Part-1