*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545082-The-Attachment
by ccw
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1545082
a boy buys a white bengal tiger,and becomes attached
It was a new year and a new day on the Mississippi road of Jackson Avenue. The 12 year old boy Donald Hohenbrink was just getting out of the Jackson Middle School for summer brake. Walking home is always fun for Donald. Him and his friend Joe Tiffin like walking down the road to the neighborhood where they live. "What are your plans this summer?"

"Fishing, hunting, you know the usual."

"Yeah, hey! look the river, lets go down there!"

A carp swam past with a bolt of speed they had never seen, nearly making the boys jump out of thier shoes.

"Look a carp! Dirty old things rolling around in the fish beds."

"Wish i had my bow and arrow that thing wouldn't be living."

Wading through the river fishing for trout, with the current jolting into the boys legs. The fish tugging at the fishing lines. This is what the boys loved. Suddenly Joe started walking down the river without Donald.

" Joe! Joe! Come back! You know this river is dangerous!"

"Don, I will be fine! You know we walk this river everyday we can."

Still walking farther and farther down the river. The white water rumbling over the smooth gray rocks. Suddenly a push from the jolting water swooshed Joe to the bottom of the river. Sweeping through the slippery rocks, bashing his head against the bottom of the river. No help could come. Donald ran and ran trying to catch up to Joe's fast moving body. Screaming for Joe, sprinting through the river with every idea racing through his head. Finally He popped out of the water.

" Joe! Joe! Answer me! Wake up!

All Don could think of was to get help. Running to the nearby truck stop screaming for help.

"HELP! My freind is hurt! HELP!

Finally after yelling for what seemed like forever an truck driver started running toward Donald.

"Where is the boy at? I can call the ambulance!"

"Thank you Mister! He is down at the river on that slabe of gray rock!"

"Let me get my phone son, and the ambulance will be here in a couple of minutes."

Running back down to Joe, screaming,

"Im getting help! Please keep breathing, please!"

© Copyright 2009 ccw (collinw21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545082-The-Attachment