*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545630-fates-colide
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1545630
Two friends find out someone they know's hurt.
Carrie looked at the photos growling low as the TV played the story on the news.  “Dey weren’t dere.  Dey couldn’ of been dere.”  She growled low as she threw the file to the desk in front of her partner. 

“Carrie, we’ll go find out.  I know you want this one.”  Angelia Belmon stood reaching out for her friend.  “We’ll get them.”

“No.  Dis be my problem, I’m not gonna let you go get hurt.  Tell Frank to hurry on my arm.  I wan’ to leave in de morning.”  She pulled away from the red haired woman walking out of the room.  Her braids swirling around her as she moved.  “Dey want to mess wit’ bad voodoo den dey deal wit’ me.”

“Carrie, don’t do anything stupid, your magic isn’t as strong as it used to be.”  Angelia stood, at five eight the European woman screamed ‘threatening’ when she wanted to.  Didn’t help that she knew four martial arts and could use any firearm known in the system. 

“Don’ think I don’ know that?”  She turned, bells tied into the braids rang softly.  “Have to go.  Dey, dere were chil’in dere.  My niece, dat be de chil’ dey show on de news.”  Golden eyes flashed with sadness. 

“Rain?” Carrie nodded.  “I’ll handle the transportation for you Carrie.  I know I can’t stop you from going, but at least allow me to go as well.  If they took out a full blown priestess and a natural healer, means they took out the guardians too.”

“Two shifters, de one dat made me, an’ his mate.”  She sighed softly as she ran her hand over the jack on her left shoulder where her arm should have been.  “I have to avenge them an’ my niece.  Dey, dey didn’t stand a chance dere.”  She bit her lip. 

“I know; I’m going with you.  Carrie, I know I’m the owner of the company, but this is your job.  I’ll follow your orders.” 

Carrie gave a small nod.
© Copyright 2009 Noble has the writing bug (nobleghost at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545630-fates-colide