*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545771-Running-into-trouble
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #1545771
This is a result of an exercise for a class I took. There are a few curse words. Enjoy.
Jax was running, running as hard and fast as he could through the forest. Suddenly he came upon a clearing and skided to a stop. On the other side of the clearing stood a large number of guards with their swords drawn. He just stared at the guards not sure what to do. In that short time, the guards that were chasing him broke into the clearing. One of the newcomers, with a laugh, drew his sword as Jax turned to his side keeping an eye on both sets of guards. The guard brought the sword  up over his head, apparently intending to slash Jax in half.

Jax took a step back and tripped. The guard, sensing weakness, prepared to bring his sword down.

“Hey, wait a sec,” Jax yelled.

“What!” The guard yelled back.

“Not you….Him” He said looking up “What do you think you're doing?”

“Who me?” A voice in the sky proclaimed.

“Yeah you, what kind of situation is this? I'm suppose to be the hero of this story….right? So why am I about to get ran through by this idiot guard?”

“Hey,” The guard yelled angrily. Raising his sword higher and taking a step closer.

“Sorry, no offense,” Jax replied sarcastically.

“You know you have a point there,” Said the voice in the sky. “Sorry, I guess I wasn’t thinking. Its been a long day.”

“Damn right” yelled Jax as he stood and started pacing around the clearing mumbling something about damn omniscient writers who don’t pay attention. The guards, not entirely sure how to react to this change of plans started mingling amongst themselves. A few in the back even started playing rock, paper and scissors.

“So how am I suppose to get out of this one,” Jax asked after a moment.

“OK…ummm…let me think,” Replied the writer.

Jax just stood there and some  of the guards, who were getting impatient, began tapping there feet.

“Alright, sorry but I am not coming up with anything……I think that I need a good nights sleep, so,  I will get back with you guys tomorrow.”

“Wait,” Both Jax and the guards yelled together but it was too late the lights were already dimming as the writer started to close his notebook.

“Damn,” said one of the guards with a sigh as the lights went completely out.
© Copyright 2009 F. L. Hall (flhall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545771-Running-into-trouble