*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546196-Happy-Birthday
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1546196
Flash Fiction entry: Birth of a Baby
Twelve hours had gone by since the labor started. Things were going well until the doctor determined that you were stuck. Your head wasn't molding like it needed to get past the pelvic bone. The doctor then gave me two choices: a C-section or to pull you out. They could see you and knew that they could grab you by the head to assist your entry to the world. I didn't want to wait, I didn't want more medication, I just wanted to hold you.

The doctor placed the medical forceps on each side of your head. I prepared myself for the pain that was coming. As you were guided out, skin ripped apart. I gasped, taking a deep breath to keep from screaming. The pain was more than anything I had ever encountered, but it also brought forth an adrenaline rush as I gave a final push. In less than 5 minutes I could hear your first cry. The nurses quickly cleaned you off and took your measurements..

Now it's all over, and I am holding you in my arms. Your father has a big grin on his tired face. Deep blue eyes open as you look at your surroundings. Your tiny face nuzzles at my breast looking for food and comfort. As you feed for the first time since arriving, Grandma begins to sing "Happy Birthday". It was a long and painful wait, but here you are. My sweet baby girl born who will grow up to be anything she dreams of. In a few days we will be heading home. Dad has prepared your nursery in lavender and white. Perfect for a sweet little princess to grow up in.



Word count: 283

Written for:
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge  [13+]
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
by Arakun the Twisted Raccoon
© Copyright 2009 Sairyn Raine (epicdreamer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546196-Happy-Birthday