*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546367-The-Quiet-Horizon
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1546367
On a boatride from Athens.
The rocking of the ship was unsettling, nonetheless I slowly drifted off into the deep abyss of my dreams. What a cool night. The breeze swept through the vessel as my eyelids heavily covered my vision. In my dreams a handsome man stood on the bow of a distant boat holding a large sword in his right hand. A dark cloak rested on his shoulders and as my ship past his, I reached out for him, but he jumped. Down into the water. With a desperate gaze I searched, but to no luck. Who was he? Just a man, I suppose. He did seem important, however. I turned to walk back to the cabin, but before I even knew what was happening, I had changed directions; I was running. Running for what? I didn't know. I tried to slow myself, to stop myself, but couldn't. I heard a cry from the captain behind me. He called my name; told me to stop. I tried to call back. I couldn't. Scenery passed in blurs and finally I felt the wind rush against my face and I shivered as I took a leap. I looked down. The blue beneath me was getting closer. I let out a scream when I realized I was entranced by the navy monster. Then...I was drenched. Drenched with the salty water of my worst enemy. The enemy I longed for; the enemy I loved.
© Copyright 2009 rodeocrazy228 (rodeocrazy228 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546367-The-Quiet-Horizon