*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547441-Come-Greet-the-Morning
Rated: E · Poetry · Nature · #1547441
A poem desribing the morning, and urging someone to greet it.
         A bright yellow shade of color paints the morning sky, bouncing off clouds, running away from the horizon line. Then orange leaps forward, chasing the yellow, competing to cover the sky. Different shades of red and pink cloak the sky, and purple fills in the holes the other colors missed.

         It is a full spectrum of colors, dancing over the mountain peaks, skipping over the tops of trees.

         Then comes the great ball of light; the giant golden coin. The light finally pierces the armor of darkness. The deep green of leaves and grass, the brilliant bird feathers, the smiling daisies; all of these are finally clearly seen.

         Then the colors in the sky fade away, the sky returning to a brilliant blue, and the cotton-balls of the sky shifting to white, and shades of grey.

         Wake up little ones, wake up; come and greet the morning.
© Copyright 2009 Estrella LeMar (estrellalemar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547441-Come-Greet-the-Morning