*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547653-rough-preview-of-my-first-novel-maybe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Dark · #1547653
Here's a rough preview at the moment no title/only title for first chapter.
DOCTOR BLIND



The pale Gray walls were pasted in framed medical certificates, among them hung awards and the odd picture or two. The door swung open followed by a sharp creak as the door swung shut, it rattled though Fleet's spine.



The new presence slowly paced toward the large oak desk which was covered is a sea of bottles, boxes and books and something else no one could make out in the dull lighting. Fleet raised this eyes to meet the image of an old man who took his place in front of the desk. The man sighed as he slowly flicked the first few layer of the freshly printed stack of papers, these paper looks the newest from the others,the different shades created a sort of dirty brown rainbow. he came to a sudden pause for a while and his dropping tried blue eyes flicked up to meet Fleets'.



“Fleet, not this again..” he crocked. The man back curled, his hands gripping the paper until he was bending them into his hands. “so what do have to say, son?” he asked raising his head till he meet at the same eye level as his. Fleet's slowly crawled out the darkest corner of the room as he stepped out the only steam of light caught his auburn hair which revealed his gleaming red eyes that caught the gaze of the old man still curled over his desk.



The man's face dropped in a state of fear, tiny beams of sweat slipped down his fore head at snail speed. He slowly uncurled to reach for the first button on the grey speaker phone, in bedder in the clutter, Fleet slowly stood up gaining an attacking stance, the heavy pound of his boots rumbled though the wooden floor. The man froze like ice from Fleet's sudden movement, leaving his long stick like finger paused an just inches away from the button. He was afraid, afraid to look up, he knew that he was slowly being surrounded by a thick black smoke which was flowing from the edge of Fleet's coal blacked cloak.



“Don't, you know non of this is real.” he trembled. Fleet swooped around him creating a larger and thicker layer of black smoke around him. He stopped behind him and lent down beside his face resting his hands on the edges of leather desk chair. The smoke looped in between his fingers but avoided a ring on his left hand. The sliver ring sat neatly on his index finger, the dim light beamed off the two blood red ruby's placed in the eye sockets of a beautiful crafted head of a Mulk. Fleet raised his hands to either side of the man's head, he left them hovering motionless in the cold air. The man let out a deafening scream as more sweat dripped down his forehead and slipping into his eyes leaving sharp painful stings, fighting the pain he curls his hands into fists, digging into any bit of free space on his over crowded desk.



“STOP!” he screamed breaking out in rage, his arms flipping out like a out control octopus, sending boxes and bottles of colourful pills flying in all directions. Fleet pounces backwards at an incredible speed away from him and waited for the hail stones of pills hitting the ground to be over. He calmly swooped behind the old man, watching him collapse over his desk. He lay lifeless, the only sound that could hear of was the old man slow paced breathing getting heavier and louder. Fleet lend over the desk firmly placing both of his pale white hand over his ears. He clasped both of them and slowly pulled the man upwards.



“Doctor, do we have any other items on our a gender this week?” Fleet suggested, his worn out whiskey voice made the room feel colder and much darker that it already was. The doctor felt his cold breath brushing down his back of his neck. He didn't answer fleet's question and left a cold punishing silence. After a few seconds Fleet became impatient and gripped his ears even harder while doing so his eyes turn into a deeper shade of red. He slammed his teeth together, growling as he forced his head up further.



The doctor let out a howling scream. Fleet head shot up in surprise he could hear the clank of heels rushing down the hallway getting louder as they proceed towards the door of the doctor office. Fleet held a hard cold glance at the wooden handle until he was accomplished the clamp of the door locking, The doctor let out another rip roaring scream.



“James” the concern voice of a female slipped though the cracks of the door.

Her voice echoed around the office followed by a helpless whimper from the doctor.

“James?, are you al right in there?” she responded rattling the handle.

A whole new set of footstep stormed up the hallway to join her.
© Copyright 2009 Magick Mel (magick_mel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547653-rough-preview-of-my-first-novel-maybe