*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547776-His-is-the-element-of-Water
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1547776
A quick story with an old character...
The Sad Man looked out from behind empty eyes at the carnage which lay before Him.
He sighed and stepped out from the shadows and in to the rain, khaki coloured jacket wrapped around His body.
He walked on, destination fixed in His mind and without so much as thinking about it stepped over the bodies which littered the wet street.
His speed picked up a little as He rounded the first corner, He broke in to a jog - and then a run as His feet pounded across the blood-soaked cobbles.
Flicking the cigarette from His hand He grabbed at a rough bit of steel piping protruding from a car window.
He bared His teeth and raised the crude club, running faster and faster still, the fire in His legs numbed by pure rage.
With one bound He soared in to the air and brought the hellish pain of a rusty steel pipe in to the heaving mound of twisted flesh which pulsated before Him.
The demon crumpled and let out a low moan.

The Sad Man took out another cigarette and lit it, tasting the foul smoke and shifting His grip on His weapon as He looked toward the rest of demonkind waiting.

He smiled.
© Copyright 2009 Mister S. (sinjid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547776-His-is-the-element-of-Water