*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547801-The-Facts-of-Nickelback
Rated: ASR · Non-fiction · Reference · #1547801
Nickelback album releases, Member info, music video info and so much more!
The facts of Nickelback! (Quiz Study Guide!)
by crazy Nickelback fanatic, Stephy Lauren :) If you people have any more facts send me an E-mail so I can post them! Thank You! I don't know how much more facts I can give.
Oh, I also have a quiz in the quiz section about this band. Check it out sometime!

One more thing: I have a Twitter and now you can tweet me anytime! My username is StephyTheWriter! Hope to see some tweets!



News Update

No new news

More information at www.nickelback.com

Tour Status: Complete


(Note:I will not put any negative information about this band. Only positive facts will be posted, except fact number 22. If there are any facts that include crimes, drugs etc. I will not post them.)

All right, here are possibly some facts...no wait, scratch that. Here are A LOT of facts that you people might know about this awesome band, Nickelback!

1) The band originated in Canada...Well to be more specific, the band originated in Hanna, Alberta, Canada.
The year was 1995.

2) The four band members names are Chad Kroeger (Lead vocals) Daniel Adair (Percussion) Mike Kroeger (Electric bass) and Ryan Peake (Lead guitar).

3) The band went through two drummers, Ryan Vikedal (Ryan Peake's friend) and Daniel Adair (Current drummer). Ryan Vikedal left and was replaced with Daniel in 2005.

4) Mike Kroeger, which is the oldest member in the band, was the first to get married and start a family. Now, this is obvious...he is the elder brother of Nickelback's frontman, Chad. (Also refer to fact #28)

5) Daniel Adair was associated with other acts prior to being Nickelback's drummer: Three doors down, Theory of a Deadman, Burn Halo, Suspect and Martone. He started playing drums at the age of thirteen.

6) Chad Kroeger worked with Josey Scott (lead singer in the band, "Saliva") for the the single "Hero", that was incorporated into the movie "Spiderman".

7) Nickelback's Rockstar music video featured some celebrities and other singers such as: Kid Rock, ZZ Top member, Billy Gibbons (another cool band), Dale Earnhardt jr.(NASCAR driver) the crew from American Chopper and the Naked Cowboy (He's seen walking around NYC sometimes) Check it on MSN video sometime!

8) The first album ever to be released by them was called "Curb" (1996) then "The state" (2000) "Silver Side up" (2001) "The long Road" (2003) "All the Right Reasons"(2005) and Dark Horse (2008).

9) Nickelback was nominated about 62 times and won 26 awards.

10) Ryan is the second oldest, then Chad and last, Daniel.

11) Rockstar was a third hit featured in the "All the Right Reasons" album. It's the conclusion to that album.

12) Nickelback performed a popular ZZ Top song, "Sharp Dressed Man" in tuxedoes and dark sunglasses. This is on Youtube!
ZZ Top is pretty good band too! Why do you think they performed this song?

13) Chad Kroeger performed with Carlos Santana (popular electric guitar player) for the song "Why don't You and I" (2002)
that was included with Santana's album "Shaman". Then Chad returned in 2007 and performed the song "Into the Night" for Santana's album, "Ultimate Santana". Check on Youtube!

14) Nickelback never won a Grammy Award. (Not yet! But they will!)

15)They were inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame in the year 2007.

16)The name of the band, Nickelback was given to them because Mike Kroeger often said to people at his old job in a coffee shop, "Here's your nickel back!"

17) Their full names are:
Chad Robert Turton
Michael Douglas Henry Kroeger
Ryan Anthony Peake
Daniel Patrick Adair

18) Nickelback has been around for about 16 years.

20) One thing mentioned in an interview about the new album, "Dark Horse" is that Nickelback isn't too fond of shooting music videos. They rather shoot something with animation in it. Hey it's true! It might even be a good idea to consider if people are uncomfortable in front of a camera. Check on Youtube.

21) The band shot the music video "Gotta be Somebody"(4:13) twice.

22) I hate this one: I've heard on Youtube that the band got booed off stage and some idiots threw rocks at them! They were only on their second song!
Listen: If your planning to go to a concert, don't act chaotic! I mean, you go to a concert to just listen to their music, not to ruin their act.

23)Nickelback has recently completed their "Dark Horse Tour". Don't worry, once a new album comes out they will be back on tour....as usual.

24)Nickelback was also on this talkshow called "The Hour". And yes, this is on Youtube!

25)Birth dates:
Chad Kroeger: November 15, 1974 (Age:36)
Ryan Peake: March 1, 1973 (Age:38)
Daniel Adair: February 19, 1975 (Age:36)
Mike Kroeger: June 25, 1972 (Age:38)

26)Check the music video: "If Today was Your Last Day". I found it on Youtube a few days ago but they said they will take it off eventually. If it is not available on Youtube, check out the Bing search engine or MSN Video.

27)Nickelback's album "Silver Side up" (2001) was released on the "Dark day". The "Dark day" I'm referring to is September 11, 2001...

28)Chad and Mike are half-brothers. Mike's the older one.

29)The music videos by them:"Leader of Men" (2000) "How you Remind me" (2001) "Too Bad" (2001) "Never Again" (2001) "Figure You out" (2003) "Someday" (2003) "Feelin' way too Damn Good" (2003) "Far Away" (2005) "Photograph" (2005) "If Everyone Cared" (2005) "Rockstar" (2005) "Savin' Me" (2005) "Gotta be Somebody" (2008) "If Today was Your Last Day" (2008) "Burn it to The Ground" (2008) "Never Gonna be Alone" (2008) "I'd Come for You" (2008) "This Afternoon" (2008) **The year after the music video's name is when the song originally was released**

Example: "Never Gonna be Alone" is located on the 2008 track, "Dark Horse". Even though the music video was released in 2009, I only put the year the song was released.


30)Every single album they made so far has eleven songs each except the "Curb" and "The State" which both consist of twelve.

31)The song on the 1996 "Curb" album which was titled "Just Four" was again put on the 2001 album "Silver Side Up" as "Just For" (I think the song on the Silver Side Up album is better. Hey, that's my opinion. It's the same lyrics but the newer version sounds better.)

32)Nickelback has their own podcast on iTunes! Maybe all you fans can subscribe sometime! Come on, it's FREE!!!

33)The song "Burn it to the Ground"(3:28) is heard playing in the background of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" or in other words, the sequel to the first Transformers film.

34)The band also released a CD titled "Hesher" ("Hey Sure") before the "Curb". (Not considered a studio album like the other six)

35)Chad Kroeger worked with Chris Daughtry for Daughtry's song:"No Surprise". He has recently worked with country singer, Tim McGraw for a song titled:"It's a Business doing Pleasure with you" along with Brent James.

36)"Something in Your Mouth" is the starter for the album "Dark horse".

37)Never Again is the starter for the album, "Silver Side Up".

38)Another song that's nice is "I'd Come for You" (4:22) {Sorry about the info I posted before, it turns out the music video was created after I said it wasn't}

39)A song called, "Follow you Home" was the "All the Right Reasons" starter.

40)"Rockstar", as it stands, is still rated most popular above "Gotta be Somebody" and "If Today was you Last Day" on iTunes.

41)Ryan Peake (Nickelback's Lead Guitarist) sings the lead vocals for "Use Somebody" (Kings of Leon) at their concerts. (Dark Horse Tour only)

42)Chad Kroeger is the executive producer of 604 records, which was established in 2002.

43)Chad and Mike got to play a few games with the New York Islanders (Hockey team). Wow, they went skating with my favorite hockey team! This is on Youtube.

44)"Because of You" is featured on Guitar Hero: World Tour {Downloadable content only}

45)Nickelback is the "Band of the Decade" of 2000's Don't believe me? Check Mtv.com and Reuters.com

46)Timbaland single out now: "Tomorrow in a Bottle" (feat. Chad Kroeger) {Just giving you people a heads up if you didn't know about it}

47)Nickelback performed at the 2010 Winter Olympics closing ceremony. They perfomed "Burn it to the Ground".

Hey! Attention Rockband/Nickelback fans!! There are six tracks that were added to the Rockband Music Store:"Rockstar", "Never Again", "Photograph", "Burn it to the Ground", "Figured you Out", and "This Afternoon". (Downloadable content only)

My opinion: Nickelback is so awesome. When I get a little older, I want to see if I can get tickets to one of their concerts!
My fact: So far I have 27 songs on my ipod by Nickelback.


There's probably more facts I want to jot down, but this will do for now.
So people, do me a favor and spread the word about Canada's rock band, Nickelback!
From the crazy Nickelback fan,
Ultimate Writer!


Thank you for viewing and please comment and rate! Oh wait, there's more!

Songs I simply think people might like...if not, then okay you don't like them:

[The State]
Leader of Men {This song sparked the band's popularity} (Music video available on iTunes)

[Siver Side Up]
Too Bad (Music video available on iTunes)

Never Again {Okay, normally I would not listen to that kind song but as long as I am not influenced by it, then it's okay!}
(Music video available on iTunes)

How you Remind me (Music video available on iTunes) Decade hit!

Hollywood {Short but still cool!}

Just for {This one's better, trust me.}

[The Long Road]
Someday {Pretty good} (Music video available on iTunes)

Feelin' way too Damn good {Well I think it's a "Damn good" song! Ha ha!}
(Music video available on iTunes)

Do this Anymore {Love it}

Flat on the floor {This song was a little......short, I should say.}

[All the Right Reasons]
Photograph {Oh god! How many times can they play this nice song on Walk radio station? Well I don't care, keep playing it!}
(Music video available on iTunes)

Animals {Okay...I don't really care for this song at all but most of the people I know at my school listen to it}

Rockstar {A MUST-Listen to!!!! This is an awesome song from the "All the Right Reasons" album}
(Music video is available on iTunes)

If Everyone Cared {This is my fourth best song by them. It portrays a lot of meaning and the music video displays factual information}
(Music video available on iTunes and it's a must-see!)

Savin' me {Sweet video! I'm telling you, they must make the most awesome special effects, such as the car getting smashed from something up above! You have to see for yourself.}
(Music video is a must see and available on iTunes.)

Far Away {Whenever I hear this song, I think about a husband who is at war for a long time and doesn't have the time to write to his wife back at home and she is upset from not hearing from him}
(Music video available on iTunes)

Someone that you're with {My sister likes this song and she tells me that she doesn't even like listening to Nickelback. Hey, go figure. She's crazy!}

[Dark Horse]
Gotta be Somebody {First song I've heard fom Dark Horse}
(Music Video available on iTunes)

Never Gonna be alone {Pretty good song}
(Music video can now be viewed on Youtube)

I'd Come for you {Nice song}

Burn it to the Ground {The song is little.........well, why don't you see for yourself}
(Music Video on iTunes)

If Today was your Last Day {Awesome song and video! First song I downloaded off of iTunes back in December of 2008. I recommend people to listen to this song and watch the music video. People who are not even fans will like it!}
(Music video on iTunes)

Something in Your Mouth {Never really heard the whole song, but some of you might like it}


Most of these are on my iPod and some are just what other people like. Check them out!



© Copyright 2009 Stephy Laurens (litlove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547801-The-Facts-of-Nickelback