*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548435-Beyond-Shadow
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1548435
Please read!
Chapter 1
Livi ran, desperately not letting the gravitation pull at her, to not let the urge that now consumed her every tendon turn her around and go kill that teary eyed child. She quickly wiped away tears from her haunting and dangerous yet luminescent and beautiful cobalt blue eyes. They looked like sapphires against her ivory pale skin, but odd when compared to her mysterious yet wondrous raven black hair, an enhanced version of her once human dark brown hair.
"Adrian. Help." She muttered through gritted teeth.
No hesitation filled her voice, the words poured out from her lips like silk.
For a brief second, she remembered the child, stumbling toward her, tears staining his face, asking for help, if she help him find Mom...She remembered the stinging pain in her body as her touched her hand, clutching her index finger, pulling for her. She remembered whipping her hand away and feeling her adrenaline pump. And as she ran, she remembered the click-clack of heels and the shuffle of loafers and the concerned voices of a mother and father. But Livi clearly remembered what that little boy said to his parents....'I saw Liv, I saw Livi!' Those words added to her tears of pain. Physical, emotional.
Livi took a sharp turn into a rather dark alley, relief rushing through her every nerve as she spotted Adrian, her only friend since her change, and her only true love. Livi let out a sharp sob and buried her face in his shoulder, feeling his shirt getting soaked with crocodile tears. Though this didn't bother him, as he understood her pain, the pain of being a Shadow. A Shadow and nothing more. Brian hooked his free arm around her, as the other was busy patting her head.
"Make it stop..." Livi sobbed, struggling to fight the urge that every Shadow faced, as it was the Ignius Society's law, 'No human shalt know thy existence. If tho shalt know, tho shalt be killed.'
"Your doing great so far..." Adrian whispered, "Just don't, think about it..."
Livi sighed, heaving what little was left of her silent dry sobs. She was never one to cry, but the pain she always felt was unindurable by herself. Adrian, being a Shadow for quite sometime had never been one to hurt humans, but he was also very sharp when it came to sticking to the darkness. But despite his expierence, Adrian was Livi's escape.
Livi peeked up at Adrian, studying his every feature. How brutally perfect he was...Livi loved his ash blond mop for hair that hung slightly in his emerald green eyes, she especially enjoyed twisting her fingers in it when they breathed each others air. Always staring at his soft yet sharp and defined angel face. Compared to him, a gentle, beautiful soul, Livi herself felt like a dangerous, dark soul.
Adrian felt the opposite has he looked Livi back in the eye. He saw a raven; a strong, valiant creature of grace. Always admiring how her hair tumbled to her waist in loose, free waves of black ocean at the ends. Always admiring her ' fox-face', that kind of face with high cheek bones, and close-set eyes with a smile that could penetrate the coldest mold, but a glower to make many a man or woman steer away. All on a narrow face in which cupped in his hands, and lifted to his lips.
Both of them, in perfect unison, loved each other dearly. Both with insecurities, Livi with her feeling of being too dangerous, or Adrian feeling as if he was hopeless and could not protect Livi, his precious raven. But all of these things, washed away, as the stood in that alleyway, and didn't come up for air. Both of them, walking out of the alleyway and into the morning dawn, hand in hand on their way home. Both of them unaware of the danger that would soon lurk around the corner.
© Copyright 2009 .Crina.Valmia. (lily12294 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548435-Beyond-Shadow