*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548483-The-Hunt
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1548483
This is an entry for the Witches Circle contest.
It is close to midnight. I am walking alone in the forest, contemplating life, death, and everything in between. My thoughts are interrupted by my senses. Something that smells like ambrosia has crossed my path, and I can't help but want it. More than that, I will stop at nothing until it's mine. I become invisible so I don't alert my target, and then I spot her across a clearing. She is a beauty, and like me, she is completely alone. I race towards her, at lightning speeds, until I am so close that if I were breathing, she would be able to feel it on the nape of her neck. I silently become visible again, and ready myself for the feast, but a tree branch cracks behind me and startles her. She turns to find the source of the disturbance, and instead finds herself face to face with me. As I can be terrifying to look at in the moonlight, especially when hunger and desire have overtaken by body, it's no surprise that after a second of being frozen by fear, she begins to run. I dash ahead of her, ready for her when she finds herself trapped again. I grab her by the arms and lift her off the ground. She eventually stops struggling, and I claim my prize with complete ecstasy. It seems my meals are always so much tastier when I've had to work for the food.
© Copyright 2009 Lyrical Faerie (charmedgirl3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548483-The-Hunt