*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548869-Living-Off-A-Lie
Rated: E · Novel · Children's · #1548869
I wrote this story when I was only 11 so it may not be that good.
Introduction

Her grave lay silent in the mist which enveloped the two us;; One human and the other lying still. It was already too late too tell her how I felt;; Her love leaked from her heart like a tap but I knew it was still swirling in the air around me. Me Alone. Gone. But still in the revolution on death;; Not entirely dead but not entirely alive. And it was all her fault. I was lost in a maze with no entrance but many exits. Someone save me...

CHAPTER ONE

The 5 of us stood silently in front of the mirror. Each one us deep in our thought. Rose, Anne, Beth, Sarah and me. I stared down at the note book in my hand, and slowly read over the words my friends had written.


ROSE

•11 years old
•Birthday February 25
•Your best friend
•Short silky black hair which I usually tie in a ponytail
•Persian Mother, American Father
•Loves to grow flowers
•Many sisters
•Fav colour is red
•Lives in a big house
•Moved here 4 years ago

~ Love Rose


Rose glittery red gel pen shimmered in the dim light of Beth's bathroom.

Anne's Page

Heyyyyy! My name Anne, and 11, born in 1997, October 13! My favorite colour is pink and my favorite animal is a kangaroo! I have orange, (almost light brown) shoulder length hair and sparkling blue eyes! I like my hair to be messy and messed up, but I have a light blue headband with pink spots on that I LOOOOOOVE to wear! It also matches my light blue dress with pink belt my Grandmother made my Mum, who gave it to me when I was old enough to wear it! Well, what else should I say?? *Heart* ANNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


Anne's "I"'s were with small pink hearts and her "Y"'s curved round and flicked into a small circle; something Beth had taught her.

Beth is ma name,
and playing is ma game!
I'm fast to run and run,
And have a ton of fun! [Yeah!]
S-s-salmon is ma foood,
With ma blonde hair I look goood!
Green eyes sparkle in tha sun-un-un light,
Boys walk by and say: 'Man, what a beautiful si-i-i-ight!
Eating pasta and tha pizza
I'm half Italian and got one sista,
Her name: Brianna,
She loves the panda!
PS: Im 10
And I love tha purple pen!

FROM THE B, TO THE E, TO T, H, HHHH, MAN IM BETH A LICIOUSE!

Beth's words echoed around me as the memory of the talent show a year earlier emerged from the hidden shadows of my mind...

~~~

'MY NAME IS BETH IM 9 I WANT TO SING MY SONG I WROTE!' Beths sweet, but powerful voice rang through as kids stopped chatting to each other and Beth begun to sing.

'Beth is ma name,
and playing is ma game!
I'm fast to run and run,
And have a ton of fun! [Yeah!]
Salmon is ma favorite food,
With ma blonde hair I look nice
Green eyes sparkle in the sun light,
People walk by and say: She looks so good. What a sight!'
Eating pasta and yummy pizza
I'm half Italian and got one sister
Her name is Brianna,
She loves the animal, panda!

BETH! THIS IS HOW YOU SPELL IT: B E T H BETH BETH BETTTH'


~~~~~

One year had passed and yet Beth had changed so much. I cant say that for the rest of us though, who still have our cat fights over who gets dared to ask Martin, the class cutie, out, but we never seem to get the courage to do so.

>>Sarah
>>12
>>Golden Brown Hair
>>Green Eyes
>>Doesn't Like To Be Disturbed When Upset
>>Why else do you want me to say?


Sarah's words were harsh, but nothing compared to the words written below these. Clara's words stung, and stuck to me like a wet dress in the rain...

What do you want, Zoe? Just go... go... away. From me... and MY best friend, Rose. Yes thats right.. MY BEST FRIEND ROSE WILSON. And don't go believing what she has written in this stupid little book of yours, 'cause chances are it aint true, and the chances are HIGH. So very high. So get your butt out of my nose and mind your own business! Oh yeah, and get your stinky breath out of Rose's face too, she hates it when you go around and start blabbing away. Just... just... leave me and everyone and everything you own and go and DIE on the streets. Its not like anyone would notice...


CHAPTER 2


A small but dainty cough drifted through from the bedroom. It was Clara's way of saying: 'Hey everybody, come look at me, I got something awesome to tell you! Come here or else I'll have to personally drag you here!' Beth turned, and pulled open the door.

'Ur.... Um... Sarah? You might want to come take a look at this....' Beth pushed the door open so Sarah could come out, but it ended up as everyone else coming as well.

'Oh my...' Anna gasped and rushed towards Clara, who was casually swinging on Beth's chair hanging from the ceiling. 'CLARA! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU IDIOT?' Anne whizzed the chair around and glared at Clara. Sarah's orange makeup bag lay upside down on the floor, with all her contents spilled out. Purple nail varnish stained the cream floor and red lip stick was smashed down the the very bottom of the stick. Rose's beautiful glossy, black mascara leeked down the side of the bed when we had set out all the the makeup we were going to use. I rushed over the the bottles and picked them all up, checking how much was left. I didn't need to look in the bottle to see how much of Rose's mascara had been used up; the whole bottle had leeked down the side of Beth's bed, the exact replica of Rose's face; dark streams of mascara leaked down her face, a few tears had splashed onto Sarah's makeup bag, who screeched and rushed over to the bag, knocked Rose as she did so.

'DON'T GET IT WET YOU STUPID GIRL!' Sarah glared at Rose, causing more silent tears to trickle onto the now purple carpet. Sarah either didn't notice Rose was crying, or didn't care. I put my arm round Rose's shoulders and squeezed them.

'Ill buy you some more, as an early birthday present.' I whispered, ignoring the evil glances Clara was casting at me.

'Rose's birthday is another 8 months away, Zoe. Why don't you just buy her it then?' Clara shouted, causing the rest of the room to look up, including Beth's dog, Nibbles.

'You sound like an over excited 4 year old who has just realized why you peel you orange before eating it...' I mumbled, only loud enough for Rose to hear.

'I still haven't figured why... ' Rose replied, but giggle anyway.

'I'm still waiting for an answer, Clara!' Anna waved her arm about, indicating to the mess.

'Oh, yeah, my toe by accidentally knocked a bottle or somethin'' Clara, whizzed the swing around, using Anne to push her self off.

'Thanks for ruining my favourite lip stick, Clara!' Beth waved the red stub in her face, smearing across her cheek while doing so.

'Leave off, Beth! Get that disgusting thing out my face!' Clara pushed Beth back, and stomped out the room, not bothering to wipe her cheek where lipstick and bits of fluff were smeared. All of us giggled as she left, and stayed silent when the joke was gone, until we heard Beth's brother snickering behind her back, which caused us to laugh again.

'Nice makeup, Clara!' He called after her.

'Its called natural beauty, if you really must know, Matthew!' We heard Clara say, in that stupid snobby accent she always puts on in front of boys.

'You mean natural beauty-without-a-mirror?' We heard Matthew say quietly, as he closed his door quickly in case Clara heard what he had said. We all burst into a fresh fit of laughter, and fell on the bed
© Copyright 2009 creamcake101 (creamcake101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548869-Living-Off-A-Lie