*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549236-Much-Needed-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #1549236
A story i came up with while reding a short story.
He lay in bed with the sheets clinging to his sweaty body. The hot summer night air drifiting in through his open window, was the only relief from the hot atmosfere of his now lonely house. Two weeks ago he never would have thought he would be laying in this bed alone. He had his whole life planned out. He would get married to his childhood friend, Sarah, then he would take the job at his (now the owner) law firm. Then, when they grew older they would retire to their country mansion to live a quiet life. Now none of this was possible. His wife died a week ago coming back from a buisness trip in san diego. The small jet plane lost its engiens in a storm and crashed like a fire ball into the earth. They couldn't tell who some of the passengers were. The fire melted almost everthing. The only person they could recognize was his wife.
"How could this have happened?" He asked himself. "Why her? Why my wife?" He felt as if he were slowly dieing on the inside. Without her his whole life was meaning less.
He decided to take a month off of work. He would try to get over it resting at the country mansion. The trip would take three days. But he took this as a resting period. 3 days to get his mind off the events. He drove not relly thinking about anything, just going through the motions. These three days were uneventfull. Just constant driving eating and staying at fancy hotels. However he did realize something. He wanted to live. He wanted to live for his wife. The question was, what should he live for? THat he decided was what this month would be about. It was the middle of June and the sun wa as hot as ever when he arrived at his Country home. His was the only home for miles with nothing but feilds of, he didn't know what. Some things the farmers planted and at the end of the summer chopped down and sold for profit.
He pulled up to the front gate typed in the passcode on the keypad. The gates opened and he pulled into the drive way. The driver was waiting in at the bottom of the front steps to take the car to the garage. He pulled up next to the driver got out and headed for the front door.
"Hello Mr. Stratton, I'm sorry about your wife is there anything I can get you?" Asked the driver.
"No thank you David I think im going to head to my room for a bit. Would you take my luggage to my room for me though?" He asked.
"Of couse Mr. Stratton." Said the driver.
Nicolas,(aka Mr. Stratton), entered the door and headed up to the third floor to his room.Usually Nicolas was marvelled at his country home. The grand stair case the marble floors and big widness of everything. But not this time. There was nothing beautiful about it this time. His wife always brightened up the place.
He entered his large room and lay on his king sized extra plush bed. "What am I to do now?" he asked himself. "I cant' just lay here the whole time sulking. I think i'll go for a swim." He said. He walked into his closet and found the swimming trunks he favored among the rest. He walked into the the bathroom to put them on. First he pulled off his shoes and socks. Then his shirt and pants. He then pulled off his boxers. He looked at himself in the mirror. He looked at his muscles and thought how much work it took to get his body into shape. All the hours and money spent to be healthy and stay in shape.
He pulled ono his trunks and headed down to the swimming pool in the back yard. He walked onto the patiotoward the pool ready for the cold shock that came with the first dive into a pool.
© Copyright 2009 D.J. Clark (creativechaos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549236-Much-Needed-Love