*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549316-School-Scene
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Amy
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #1549316
Description of a school scene just before Summer Vacation. Any feedback welcome.
         The shrieking buzzer sounded. The fourth one that day. Just as the teacher was about to say, "Collect your things" the nursery pupils go wild at the recognition of that buzzer. The final one of the year.
         Children start running up the wall, to about half way then gravity yanks them back to Earth with a jolt. It doesn't stop them. Some children have already collected their bags & coats & sneaked out of the classroom whilst the teacher wasn't looking.
"These guys are going to get such a row, it might be summer holidays but they aren't going to get away with this! Idiots!" One student giggled to another as they sneaked out.
         Then soggy, acrylic paint started to fly, so the teacher just said; "Once you've finished being silly, let yourselves out." And made a break for her car. One by one, students were getting knocked out of the paint war.
         The once luscious lavender coloured walls are covered in hand-prints, footprints and blotches of various colours. The survivors of the war, one at a time, came paint-splattered out to meet their parents.
         The terracotta clay was molded into a crude shape and left on the teacher's chair. The paint was smudged all over the floors and walls. None of the paint was left in the pot.
         The last student was about to leave. He took one last admiring look at their handy work and left for summer vacation. The room looked like a dump yard, yet felt like a prison cell that's just been opened after a century of being locked and murderous.
         The day of the students was over. They all started their summer vacation now, 6 weeks of pure bliss. The cleaner walked in. The murderous scream echoed off the walls and reached into the car park. The day is no where near over for the cleaner though.
© Copyright 2009 Amy (amy5891 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549316-School-Scene