*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549857-Righteous-Herbs
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Comedy · #1549857
Watch out what you try to grow inside on the window sill.
Righteous Herbs

Mom, imagine a garden inside if you will.
Have you noticed how much that pot looks like an herb
growing pot, which would go very well on the sill?
I could grow a few plants which nobody’d disturb.


“Have you noticed how much that pot looks like an herb?”
Mike’s best friend, home from college, asks him as they smoke,
“I must say that this weed which you bought is superb,
but it’s rare that we get it, as we are both broke!”

“Growing pot, which would go very well on the sill,
could provide us an endless and ready supply.”
What a brilliant idea, and what better a thrill
than to grow marijuana right under Mom’s eye?

I could grow a few plants which nobody’d disturb;
if they asked, I could say they were plants for my school.
You and I could enjoy all that most righteous herb,
and to get it we won’t leave my room, now that’s cool!





Written for Day 7 of the "Invalid Item activity.

Form: Lilibonelle

I chose to use anapestic tetrameter (four sets of dah dah DUM for a total of twelve beats) which is favored for comic verse, and is best known because it is what Dr. Seuss used most often.

This form is made up of four quatrains. The lines of the first quatrain repeat at the beginning lines for the rest of the stanzas. Explained: The second line of the 1st stanza becomes the first line of the second stanza. The third line of the 1st stanza becomes the first line of the 3rd stanza. And the fourth line of the 1st stanza becomes the 1st line of the 4th stanza. You can use a specific rhyme pattern if you would like or make it free. The choice is yours!

http://pages.prodigy.net/sol.magazine/pl01form.htm#LILIBONELLE

I do not propose, support or condone the use of any herb mentioned in this poem.
© Copyright 2009 Ben Langhinrichs (blanghinrichs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549857-Righteous-Herbs