*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550534-Are-They-All-The-Same
Rated: 18+ · Other · Adult · #1550534
For anyone who has ever felt like the right man is taking ages to show up.
Okay. So I've somehow managed to meet yet another "not him"...in case you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, "not him" is the title I give to any new guy I meet and have discovered that he, too, is just another frog puckering up and blocking the view of Prince Charming.

                                And I know what you're thinking; who even believes in Prince Charming anymore? And you're right - in an age where sex is almost always considered the new love, no one should allow themselves to get too caught up in fantasies about fairy tale-type romance.

                    It's funny though, how the world seemed to have set us women up to believe in these fairy tales, what with all the stories of Cinderellas, Romeos and Juliets, Barbies and Kens...somewhere along the way, they trained our minds to believe that out there, there's that one person created specifically for us, meant to love us only. Which is why we feel such deep disappointment when some guy we mistakenly regarded as that "someone" messes up and breaks our hearts.                              Any way, I was at work, bored out of my mind on a slow day, when an...um..."friend" of mine, a guy I recently met, messaged me to make idle conversation. One thing I will never be able to fully understand is his ability - and that of most of the male species - to alternate personalities in the blink of an eye, in true Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde fashion, might I add.

                This said friend can be at times one of the sweetest, most mature young men I've ever spoken to, and at other times, the complete opposite; like the times when he plays dumb pranks just to make me feel bad, (he often sends a really nice message to me on Facebook, then sends another claiming he made a "mistake" and that the message was not "meant" for me). There was one time he even sent me a message telling me I was hottt (yes, with three T's), followed by another in which he claimed he'd pulled up the wrong messenger window and that the compliment was meant for another female he was also chatting with. When, pissed, I responded by telling him that I was glad the compliment wasn't for me because If it was, I would not know how to return it (translation, he ain't hot) he said: "Well here's a compliment for you. Your mind is beautiful". I had to end the conversation there. Either that, or I would have dropped an "F" bomb on his ass.

                                              Oh, and this one is classic; of lately, he's begun to brag about how many women are "in love" with him, even going so far as to ask me what it is about him that could possibly be making them all swoon. I wanted to say, "How the eff should I know?" But instead I settled for telling him he was asking the wrong chick and that he ought to ask the ones who supposedly "loved" him.

                              Bare in mind, this guy is supposed to be one of my "suitors". Wonder how the heck he thinks he can get me like that? Oh well, guess I better move on to the next frog in line - since I haven't even a peck on the cheek to spare for this one. Next time around.
© Copyright 2009 Teishan Dixon (babydynamite at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550534-Are-They-All-The-Same