*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550593-Flashback
Rated: E · Other · Mystery · #1550593
The introduction to my new story. Enjoy. :)
          “Cassidy!” I heard my name shouted a few feet away as I felt a sharp, scalding pain rip through my abdomen. It wasn’t until I was lying on the slowly dampening floor before my mind registered the sound of the gunshot that caused my excruciating pain. Two quick shots rang through the crisp night air soon followed by a familiar, yet unusually frantic, voice in my ear.
          “Cassidy! Come on Cassidy hang in there!” I felt pressure on my stomach and a pair of eyes searching my face for some indication that I would be okay. “Say something Cassidy,” my breath was coming in short gasps, “I know you can hear me. Just say something, anything,” he pleaded with me. I tried to say something; let him know I could hear him. My mouth moved but nothing came out. My eyelids fluttered open and I saw his face; tears flowed down his cheeks. A small smile played across his face as I looked into his sapphire blue eyes. His shining eyes were the last things I saw before my eyelids slid closed again and everything started to slowly fall away. I heard more shouting but I couldn’t understand what was being said. I strained to hear; I desperately wanted to know. Perhaps it would give me a hint, some small clue, to keep me from falling any further into the darkness that surrounded me. I started to see things; events from my past. Flashbacks. They were film clips from my past, all coming so quickly yet I knew each so well. These clips weren’t like the ones from the movies. These weren’t fond memories from my childhood. Instead, they were of him and the events that lead up to this moment…
© Copyright 2009 Rose Blossoms (rose_blossoms at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550593-Flashback