*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550634-Good-bye-Letter
Rated: E · Prose · Relationship · #1550634
a bit of free verse prose
Trying to be friends with you is like walking into a cactus. Your tempest like anger sets you apart, and it sets you back behind the others...
The "others" are those that you judge and make fun of because they are not like you. They hold a special power that you lack.

Your sensitivity is concealed and hidden Like a treasure aching to be discovered and appreciated. One must know the secret to find it.
One must have the key to open it. It is said that people may forget what you say or what you do, but they will never forget how you make them feel.
You touched a part of me long ago, a part so delicate and frail that it will never be the same. Even after mending the first time, you came back and
ripped at the seams, tearing open a wound that will never fully heal.

Abrasive mannerisms leave indentations on my child-like trust and openness, these continuous attacks make my face wet with tears.
I lick my lips and taste the salt. I shake my head to fade these pictures, yet they remain clear and focused.You possess no loyalty.
You hold no respect for anyone, and you have yet to learn the meaning of love...

I will not miss you. Take your empty words and live on alone, never once dwelling on the violence you created.








© Copyright 2009 River McKenna (rivermckenna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550634-Good-bye-Letter