*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550729-Awaiting-Your-Arrival
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Teen · #1550729
This is one of my first attempts at a poem. Please comment :)
Your deep breath entrances me, your eyes closed, ignoring the beckoning of the world’s vivacious cries.

A peaceful energy surrounds you; it is in fact your soul, your aura, a passion so large that comprehension is only something to dwell upon for it has almost no chance in happening.

My hands, dry and burned, run across your body, trying to feel something real, something that will make me realize the intentions of life and love and what it is defined as—a purpose perhaps, a calling, or possibly a pursuit.
Inching onto your body, I tug softly at your hair, sliding back your head and whisper for you to arise, a warm breath sweeping past your ears.

I can only hope that you’ll hear me or at the very least feel my pressure upon your mass—is that too much to ask for?

And yet, you give me no sign of recognition, not a mummer nor a blink nor a smile, the same soft upturn of the lips that made me melt all those times before, the only feeling that proved my sanity—the reality of my mind.

Where have you gone? Your shell lays out before me, soaking the rays of the sweet sun and capturing the moon’s glowing shadows, but your inner being has vanished out of mind, out of sight.

I can no longer see; you have taken the ability away, along with the sensitivity of touch, of feel, a simple human sensation that you have stolen from me.

Curse you and your peacefulness—I wished only good things while you were away, but away you have been for too long. Now, resentment has soured my thoughts and I dare say, numbness will soon follow.

Please—I beg you, my love, return to my heart, fill your cocoon, the shell in which you have escaped from.
© Copyright 2009 Elisabeth (youknowit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550729-Awaiting-Your-Arrival