*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551159-The-In-Crowd
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1551159
Be YOU, you are an individual there is NO exact copy
Have you ever heard the saying "Your and indvidual, there's not anyone else like you."? They're saying there's no exact copy of you, twins aren't even the same even if they look alike they could like different things and different people. Below is a story I wrote about a girl named Lauren who wanted to fit in into her school's "In Crowd".

I was walking down the halls of my highschool North Valley, with my 2 best friends Amy Parker and Laynie McBurlison. We were telling each other what classes we were taking and electives. "Well, I am taking Algerbra 2" Amy said proudly. "Me too! If you're in it so am I." Laynie replied. "Guys, guys hey, just because you are best friends doesn't mean you have to be in all the same classes!" I said. We walked into the locker rooms we had first period swimming. I put in my combination I messed up. "You always forgot your combination Lauren!" Laynie said at her locker putting on her top. I took out a piece of paper from my purse, 12-9-00. "Well, I have three lockers this one, the hall locker and my band locker." I said pulling my locker door open looking at my rack of swim suits. My parents aren't filthy rich, but we could afford the rack and 12 bathing suits all except one bikinis. I pulled off an orange one that ties in the back and around the neck with those bottoms and started stripping out of my clothes. "Lauren why are you wearing your best suit?" Amy asked. "Because Jason might be there and I want to impress him." I replied. I went up to the mirror to check my hair it looked nice.

It was 3rd period and Jason was sitting next to me his hair in his eyes, and hot face. I've had a crush on him since the 7th grade and I'm a Junior. I was day dreaming about us as most girls do, until he passed me a note, it said:

Lauren I hear that you like me from sources. Your not cool, can't date you. And your not my type.


My eyes started to well up with tears and I knew what I was supposed to do. Go from drab to fab and become popular. I tore out a piece of notebook paper and made a list, which is below:

TO BECOME POPULAR:
GET THE CLOTHING
GET THE MAKEUP
LOSE THE GLASSES
WEAR CONTACTS
GET BRACES
LET GO OF AMY AND LAYNIE

I really hated that last thing, but I mean I had to do it for Jason and other people to like me.

In 8th period Study Hall I wrote notes to Amy and Laynie asking them if they would like to go the mall.
They replied yes. I wanted to something with them so I didn't break their hearts so quick. After school we walked to the mall and looked around. I headed to all the cool stores. These stores were: Hollister, Areopastle, Old Navy, Hot Topic and Fancy Lady plus JC Penny's. I bought all the cool clothes I could find and the hot skirts with leggings from Hot Topic. When we were finished we all bought lattes. "Wow I am SO tired." Amy said. "Why did you want to do this in the first place?" Laynie asked panting out of breath. "You know all girls gotta shop!" I yelled also out of breath

The next day at school I was wearing an outfit I bought from Hot Topic which was a black fitted shirt, a black and red plaid skirt with black skinny jeans and black skull flats. I took my usual sit by Jason, I looked emo today with my black eyeliner, black mascara, and black lipgloss. While we were taking notes I noticed him checking me out he's like "Hey, what happened? You're like all new!" he said happily ye semi nervous. Aww, he's nervous, I thought. How cute!! He passed me a note. It said:

You look super hot, wanna sit with me at lunch?

Finally a popular kid acknowledges me!!! Yay!

At lunch I sat beside Jason with my emo look, Brittany was sitting across me, Abby vertical and Brad adjacent. Jason was talking to me. Brittany rolled her eyes because he is her guy, Brad belongs to Abby. "So why are you trying to be such an emo?" Abby asked sounding interested, yet not rude. "I like the outfits they are pretty cool." I replied. Brittany was sitting across from me her nose in the air showing her dissaprroval. She looked up at me and I mouthed "It's not my fault he likes me better!" She rolled her eyes at me.

Later in 4th period someone hadned me noteon the front it said From Jason
I opened it it said Will you go out with me? I replied yes and handed it back.


Instead of telling Laynie and Amy I wasn't their friend anymore I just avoided them at all cost. Until one day. I was in the restroom, writing about me was on the wall.

LAUREN:
A USER
AN EVIL PERSON
AN EX FRIEND
WE HAT HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AMY AND LAYNIE!!!!!! WE HOPE YOU READ THIS! U POSER!!!!!!!!!
Then I had realized this was going too far. I tried to ask and tell them I was sorry and if they would be my friend again. The next week was our dance with queen and king. I was deciding what to wear. I decided to go emo. I had plans tonight too and that was to make a bigstatement of what I did wrong then change into what I usuakky wore to dances. Suprisingly enough I got queen and I made sure I did. I had an announcement. As I walked up I looked back at Laynie and Amy. I got my crown and went up to the mic. "Everyone," I began getting my shirt and skirt/pants ready to take off of the real me. "I have an announcement. I hurt my two best friends in the world just to impress a guy. Just to become somebody I lost ALL of my friends and got ones that I really didn't need. Amy, Laynie I am really sorry. I wanted to impress people and lost you because of it. I don't want to make people happy and make the people I really do care for hat me completely. I wanted to tell you all, don't be something your not. I know we all shouldn't we lose the people we love and gain ones we don't. Be yourself, an indvidual not a copy!" I took off my outfit. "This is the REAL Lauren Annabelle and if you don't like it forget you!" I finished and walked off the stage. Wow, I am so glad to be me again." I told Laynie and Amy while hugging them both. "You were always good at being you." Amy replied we all cried.

Author's Comment:
It is a life lesson to learn to be yourself and not a copy. Be an indvidual, be you. :D Have a great life.

Sincerely,Iloveedward345
© Copyright 2009 iloveedwardcullen345 (iloveedward345 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551159-The-In-Crowd