*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551200-Pet-Peeve-number-1
by jay
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #1551200
I'm passive. I can't be passive when you're standing on the left side of the escalator!
I hate people. Do not underestimate this statement. The world is full of idiots who have non existant intellect in their sieve like brains. Dont get me wrong, im not imbued with an abundance of arrogance as i'll be the first to admit that i'm often a few trees short of a forest, but i genuinely believe people have been dumped on this planet to continually annoy me.

Why must the sign "Please keep to the right" be so nonchalantly ignored on such a frequent basis. It's not some sort of pre/post xmas decoration TFL staff attach to escalators. It's a simple request that is even simpler to adhere to, yet literally every day i get ever closer to laying a verbal/physical (delete as appropriate) beatdown upon some gormless fool.

Now, i fully understand that London is very multi-cultural and sometimes English signs may not always be understood. Common sense on the otherhand is something that bypasses any type of language diversity. If you see a multitude of people standing on the right hand side, it's in no way clever/funny/cute to disobey and halt the flow of angry traffic trying to get on with their daily London lives up the left hand side.

If i was a police officer and i found some nincompoop hogging the left hand side whilst travelling at precisely zero miles per hour, i'd actually make an arrest. Not even joking.

© Copyright 2009 jay (afrojay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551200-Pet-Peeve-number-1