*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551497-Pet-Peeve-number-3
by jay
Rated: 13+ · Article · Experience · #1551497
Sardines should not be played on the tube.
Common sense should come in boxes that are similar to cereal boxes. Ergo instead of eating something unhelpful like triple chocolate popsy tubes or whatever the latest craze is, people could have a bowl of CS for breakfast. This may mean that people may escape my scathing telepathic attacks.

So, my annoyance today is with people who try and force themselves into unimaginably small spaces on buses and tubes when it'd make more sense to wait for the next one, which is probably only a handful of minutes behind and considerably less populated. I just don't understand the thought process? I feel as if people are either living their lives playing a never ending game of sardines or constantly enjoy pretending they're at a gig. Honestly, the idiot trying to get on my bus may as well be crowd surfing on my head as its similarly intrusive to my personal space.

People may use the excuse that they are in a hurry, but nine times out of ten they have inconvenienced themselves by having an extra long shower or reading a magazine in Smiths for too long or something time consuming of that ilk. You're only in a rush because your preparation was rubbish. Back to the drawing board please.

In an ideal world people would have to answer a general knowledge question before being let onto the bus/tube. If they get it right they're allowed on but if they get it wrong they are barred from using public transport for that entire day. Three strikes over the course of the year and they're banned for life. Simple.
© Copyright 2009 jay (afrojay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551497-Pet-Peeve-number-3