*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551818-Flush
Rated: E · Other · Contest Entry · #1551818
My entry for the "We like Short Shorts" competition. Ends in a possible suicide.
The challenger stared into his opponents eyes to see if there a soul there. His frozen face resembled a death mask. He gingerly flicked a chip onto the gigantic pile on the grandest table the casino had for this single, chilling game of cards.
Tensions rose higher. His pistol was shivering, the bullet itself seemed wary. The crowd beyond drew breath as one. Smiling with insanity, he placed down his cards.
"A quad, Mr Pill..."
His eyes began to water. Twenty million in, and now fifty million was his....surely.
The most disturbing poker face was before him.
And with the most awful lurching sound, he realised the royal flush was on the table. His eyes fused with those of the queen of spades...the thief of his twenty million...the architect of his downfall.
Choking, Pill left the table in a hurry.
He brought his gun with him.

The End
Thanks for reading
149 words

© Copyright 2009 Doc Harralander (captainslayg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551818-Flush