*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552037-Do-miracles-happen
Rated: 18+ · Article · Emotional · #1552037
This article is a tribute for my daughters' 3rd birthday.
Do miracles happen?
By Ephibel
I was then a successful engineer - a dedicated employee, a well-behaved daughter - a big-hearted provider to my family, a kind and compassionate friend. My life was excellent, so I thought...
But, one cannot have everything. Love betrayed me.
I got pregnant unprepared and was neglected and betrayed. I disgraced my family. Oh, God, why?  I had been a good person, why?
Pains, Hurts, Aches and Tears, What else? I was numbed. Who should I blame? Nobody. If it was a mistake because I loved the wrong man, I have to be punished. I kept the baby. I was punished.
Everything I had was crushed. I offended my family, they were shaken. My work was abandoned for three months. The office was scandalized. It was the first time they had a single mother employee. My maternal leave was disapproved. I lost some of my friends.
But, it was just the beginning of long suffering..
My pregnancy was difficult and risky. It was toughed.
On my 1st trimester of pregnancy I was on bed rest to avoid blood spotting, my baby was unstable. On my 6th month of pregnancy, my ob-gyne detected something wrong with my baby kidneys, she was not sure with her opinion. Monitoring the sizes of the kidneys through ultrasound was the least she had done.
My daughter was born premature, on critical condition. The doctors found out she had ‘unilateral renal agenesis’, meaning she had only one kidney. The remaining kidney was top normal and needed a for life medications. God? Why does she have to suffer? It was my fault I was the one to be punished, why my baby? I have questioned the Lord for being so mean to my baby; I asked a hundred questions until my brain was drained. No answers. I was broke.
I regained my faith. I had to be strong. I prayed so many times, I read the Holy Bible. I understand nothing, I just kept on reading.
Then miracles came.
My family forgave me. True friends, officemates and superiors visited the hospital and helped me. Financial assistance from other people came. My daughter had a bright Paediatrician. After depressing 22 days, my baby was released from the hospital. All bills were paid. Her Nephrologists, Geneticist and Neurologist were the best in the country.
Now, I am a stronger single parent. I am still a successful engineer – more dutiful and committed employee. I am still a big-hearted provider to my family and my daughter; I am still kind to others, but now am more selective and sensitive as a friend.
My daughter is now 3 years old, a special child. At her age, not even a single word is spoken; she could just cry and smile. She cannot walk nor stand on her own, she just sit and watch. But, I never ask questions anymore. I just prayed and wait for miracles. I know it will come.


© Copyright 2009 ephibel (ephibel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552037-Do-miracles-happen