*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552158-Oh-well
Rated: 13+ · Other · How-To/Advice · #1552158
Rejections of Coreen
A Midsummer Nights Dream.
I have to be Hermia, I was made for the role.
When I saw the call backs for the play my heart pounded as I saw my name: Coreen Gigest under Hermia.
I shook the absolute giddiness. My eyes shot to my opponents, One of which was Star Penison, my friend. We always competed with each other, this was just another thing to make a competition out of. I was devastated to find that she was a inch taller than me.
"Alex! I got one! Oh aw, you got called back as a fairy" I cooed to my guy friend, Alex Barnerby. He'd originally auditioned for Lysander, after suspiciously changing from Demetrius when he found out I was auditioning for Hermia.
I told everyone of my success in getting the call back, that evening I had my final audition.

I paired myself with Rachel Murty, pronounced Miur-ity. She was auditioning for Helena. She said I was good and I believed her. I was frustrated when she later said she was leaving to go to the dentist, she told me she'd be back in time for the audition.
I waited and waited, strolling around outside music block, some girls were practicing, I shot them a smile as I loomed by the door.
They moved on giving me suspicious glances, frowning I thought nothing of it and waited impatiently for Rachel to get back.
"Oi Coreen, pull your skirt up a bit" I heard the jeer of a girl, or rather chav. She likes to make fun about the way I wear my uniform, rolled up twice high enough not to look nerdy and low enough not to look tacky with only one button undone on my blouse at the top.
She is one of those girls who have their skirts rolled so high they seem to think they're playboy bunnies, added the fact that they look like they have a roll of fat round their waist. I frowned and walked away from her sight.
My friends Star and Liz came out, bouncing happily.
"Rumor has it you've been watching other peoples performances stealing ideas" Liz announced, I felt anger. Those girls giving me those looks actually thought I'd want their ideas? I already had my own performance and my partner was at the dentist and I have been waiting for her.
"What the? Why would I want to steal their ideas? I've been waiting for Rachel for the past 20 minutes!" I wouldn't of normally got so heated about it, but it was the auditions, I felt guilty when I saw their smiles fade.
Honestly, I wanted this part, so much that I was prepared to be a bigger bitch as I needed to be to get it. Rejection had always played a large part in my life. And I was fed up.
"Well sorry, but Laura and Hannah have being going around saying that" Star told me, I'd always hated Hannah, she just made me hate her more.
After about 10 minutes, Rachel arrived and we soon had our audition. But there was a catch. The woman doing the auditions mixed us up and I was with Angel Herbie. She was good and I could easily imagine her as the shy Helena. Life when on after that.
It was two days until I saw the cast list, it was long enough for me to fool myself I'd actually be good enough for the part. Kidded myself even.
I wasn't good enough, I never had been. And never will.
Two days was enough for me to fall in love as well. Because Patrick Shield was favorite for Lysander, I convinced it would help if I saw him through Hermia's eyes, as if he really was Lysander. Course, it changed and I was opened to him, I noticed how amazing he really was, he was someone I'd thought nothing of before. Yeah it sounds like a tacky romance in a fairy tale story.
He got the part of Egeus: Hermia's father. Star got Hermia, Rachel got Helena.
Rachel always seemed to powerful and bold to be the shy gentle Helena, and Star was too stiff in her movements and shes never expressed any characters emotions every well. But then I'm just trying to make myself feel better.
Suppose I should be used to it. Rejection from everything, I should of known by now I'm unwanted. That theres no point in even trying a relationship with Patrick, because he'd reject me. Because I'm that short unwanted one.

Suppose its better than being flocked and having no room to breathe. All I can say is Oh well and continue with my life, forever testing if I really am unwanted or not. I mean, its experience.


*Based on true life*








© Copyright 2009 alleywayqueen (alleywayqueen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552158-Oh-well