*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552310-Friendship-Here-Friendship-There
Rated: E · Fiction · Friendship · #1552310
To show children that friendship can show up around every corner.
#1
“Do you have any money, Mom?” asked Jessica to her Mom, Caroline. “Yes, here is about one thousand dollars. One fourth for clothes, one fourth for food, one fourth for anything you want, darling and the last fourth for the buggy rides there and back!”
Lacey gaped at the amount of money her friends Mom had just given her daughter. Lacey’s Mom gave her twenty dollars for just food. No money for clothes or anything I’d like and Mom said she should always walk.
Mrs. Playley looked at Lacey and asked, “Haven’t you seen a thousand dollars before? Really Jessica pick more wisely on your friends these days.” Mrs. Playley walked off into the dining room where every plate was worth nine hundred dollars!
“I’m sorry Lacey my Mom always acts that way around friends. Nothing would make me take off this ring,” she pointed at the Promise rings that they had given each other. Lacey had saved up months of allowance and Jessica on the other hand just opened her marble chimp bank. (I know Marble and a chimp, which is just weird)
“And there is no way I am using all the money for myself half goes to you, do whatever you’d like with it! Oh great, I sound like my Mom.” She walked out the door with Lacey right behind her. “Okay Jess where are we going to shop cuz with this money we can go anywhere but heaven!”
#2
The next time Jess and Lacey saw each other they were at school. They were both walking into Mrs. Jade’s English class giggling over some joke Lacey had just told Jessica when they saw two other girls laughing right in front of them. “I love your outfit, Jessica I wish I could say the same to you, Lacey,” said Melinda while Lillie stood right beside her. Melinda had always wanted to be friends with Jessica since their families were rich and so was Lillie’s. But Lacey always knew that Jessica would never be their friends. Jess and Lacey had always hated them, wait I take that back. They had always disliked them. Jessica and Lacey just walked off while Jess said to Lacey that she loved her outfit.
Jessica and Lacey got to sit right beside each other in all their classes because Jess’s last name was Playley and Lacey’s was Sage. The bell rang and class started.
“Okay everyone, today we will be starting a partner project!” Jessica and Lacey glanced at each other knowing they would pick each other. They talked about how much fun they would have doing there eight project together that year while Mrs. Jade drowned on about the project. When she was done the choosing began.
Jess knew that Mrs. Jade always picked people who sat up like little angels in during class so Jess straightened up. If you got chose you would get to pick who you wanted to be with.
Sadly, Mrs. Jade picked Melinda first, “I want to be with,” they all knew that she would say Lillie, and then this came out her mouth, “Lacey.” She put her eyes on Jessica in a mean way.
Mrs. Jade, again sadly picked Lillie and Lillie picked (You don’t even have to wait to see if your guess is correct, you know you are right) Jessica.
#3
“Why did they pick us? They probably have some secret plan to make us embarrassed and completely fail our grade!” This stinks thought Lacey. We have to go to like each other’s houses to work on the project. “We should both call them and plan sometime for our projects maybe we can do our projects together so we can do it together and so can Lillie and Melinda.” Said Jess, maybe there’ll agree they probably don’t really want to be with them. “All right, it will probably work unless they really want to embarrass us!” Lacey said to Jessica.
“They said NO, I am so annoying this will be the double lowlight of this year!” Jessica was madder than madness and Lacey knew that didn’t go well because she liked to break stuff and she was in a million dollar house. Yeah, glad you agree!
“Okay plan is, find a time when they mess up, but we won’t be trying to have them mess up cuz that would be meaner than were being! When they do we will spread it right to the head of the newspaper column, Tabloid, Hanna Mayer!” Melinda thought in her mind why are we doing this, making someone else’s life unhappy for no reason? “Uh, Lillie I’m not doing this I’m gonna go call Jessica and tell her we will do it!”
#4
“Hey Melinda, Hi Lillie, let’s start. Jess will be right down.” They did this all day. It was really quiet except for occasional whispers between Lillie & Melinda and Jess & Lacey even though they weren’t in the same group. When they had left Jess said to Lacey, “My goodness I don’t know if I could make it through another one of those, but our projects aren’t even done.” Lacey had an idea, “Well let’s throw in some conversation!” Wow did Jessica not like that idea apparently she does not like talking to Melinda or Lillie it could be her weakness of her super power of talking to me.
Lacey didn’t tell Jess but they were coming over tomorrow at 3:00.
“Come on Jess you have to show your face to them! You can’t come to school and get sick at home ten minutes later! Lacey yelled up the stairs. “Oh all right, but I am only doing this because I will do anything for you!”
Melinda, Lillie, Jessica, Lacey had a great time they finished their projects double early with lots of laughter so when they were done they rented a chick flick. When Melinda and Lillie had to go they asked if Lacey and Jessica could come over tonight for a sleepover. Jess asked her mom and Lacey called her mom and they both said yes but not without questions like aren’t those the girls you have hated forever? They both answered yeah but they rock now!
“Hey we both can go! When do you want us to come over?” “Immediately, Lillie said it like she was a drill sergeant and they all doubled oven in laughter before Lacey’s question was answered. “Okay right when you’re ready go to Melinda’s house I’ll be there cuz I was already going and now it will be great!”
#5
“Jessica, Melinda and Lillie are the most awesome girls in the world, including you!” “I know, well hurry up then if we want to spend a lot of time with our new best friends!”
“Lillie, I love Lacey and Jessica like I always liked Jessica and disliked Lacey but Lacey is great too!” “Yeah hurry up let’s get to your house!”
Lacey and Jessica had the most fun day of their life and their favorite part was this: “Hey Lacey Jess (I know how cute she calls her Jess all ready), Melinda said to them, “I really like you guys, I can’t believe how long we were enemies. We will never have a fight ever in our new friendship and hey, we haven’t noticed but we all sit by each other!”
Lacey, Jessica, Melinda, and Lillie haven’t had a fight for twenty years. They are all at the same college right now in one of the new four person apartments that Lillie, Jessica, and Melinda’s parents had made for the girls. Every Sunday night since there first sleepover they have a sleepover and they go to school together the next morning and yeah they still do it in college!
© Copyright 2009 Naomi Beans (navigator11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552310-Friendship-Here-Friendship-There