*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553556-Clure-Prolouge
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1553556
Clure's sister was mugged and blinded by theives. Clure must make the money to buy a cure.
                                                                Prologue

   

    The sounds of crying and sobbing echo through the alley way.

    "Rose!" I shouted. "Rose, are you okay? Please tell me that you're okay!"

    Tears slithered relentlessly down Rose's face. "Clure," she whispered in a quaking voice. "Clure, I can't see! That liquid that they threw into my eyes, what was that? I . . . I'm so scared!"

    "Rose, they're gone now, don't worry." I tried my best not to sound as if I were crying as well.

    "Clure, I . . .I think I'm blind."

    "No, no you . . .you're not blind. I'll get you to the doctor. He'll take care of you!"

    I later found out that she WAS legally blind, the liquid thrown into her face was a type of acid. It could be cured, but the price wasn't cheap; it was ten-thousand dollars. And that was about ten-thousand dollars more than I had.

    For four years, she and I lived together. I took care of her as if she were my own daughter. For a while, we just went on living normal lives. I got a crap-job at the nearby fast-food restaurant cleverly named, "Speed food", making minimum wage, and she relaxed at my house listening to soap operas and reminiscing. For a while, I thought that I could maybe go on living like that. Boy was I wrong.

    Everytime I would see her have to feel the brail on the restroom doors, or use her large, brail remote, my gut filled with a sadness and regret. What did I regret you might ask. What I regretted was being such a fucking pussy. When the robbers mugged her, I just stood there, paralized with fear, watching them knock my sister around like a fucking punching bag! I was completely useless! Because of me, my sister was blinded and bruised.

    I tell you, for someone beaten by theives and blinded, Rose sure has a hell of a way of coping with it. She just goes on with her life, whistling cheerfully like none of it ever happened. It's confusing.

    Well, she can go on and act like nothing happened, but that doesn't make it true. We both know that she was assaulted and we both know that assault ain't exactly as fun as winning the lottery. So why was she so happy? This was an event; a trecherous event. An event that I wasn't gonna forget.

    It was on the day after the event that I swore that I was gonna make the money to buy her a cure as soon as I could. Lemme tell you: life's a bitch! It was on that same day when I got involved in all this shit.
© Copyright 2009 John E. Keige (marco1776 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553556-Clure-Prolouge