*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553665-Death-of-a-Lifetime
Rated: E · Poetry · Death · #1553665
Something I threw together so don't expect a masterpiece.
In an instant I am catapulted into the water. My once stable ground is now crushed and mangled steel. The wind and the waves beat me with thier determination. The only thing I feel is the water's cold blades piercing my body. The flashes of light only bring to my attention the cold hard truth of my present circumstances. Alone, I slowly tread water away from my past. Only to look in the distance and see nothing. Suddenly, I feel the ocean's embrace pulling me under to where I will forever slumber. I struggle to keep a float but my acts of survival are fruitless. I look up and see the light of the fires go black. My chest burns as I yearn for air. Even though my fate is sealed I kick and squirm until I move no more. Motionless my body is quickly swalowed by the mouth of my mother. No more will I exsist and no more will I care to live.
© Copyright 2009 DeathisRedmption (wickedpopsicle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1553665-Death-of-a-Lifetime