*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1554563-Pet-Store-Friends
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1554563
A story that takes place in a pet store
“Hey!” Rollings said to his possible new pal.

“Um, hi,” Janie answered.

“What’s wrong with you?” Rollings bounded around her. “We’re in the pet shop! The Pet Shop!”

“I know.” Janie’s tail between her legs. “I was here before I got my person.”

Rollings stopped. The black lab looked curiously at the Sheltie. “You were born here?”

“Well, not exactly. But it seems like I’ve always been here. Well, until a few weeks ago.”

“I was born with my mom and then I got my person. But, you have to admit. It’s cool having a person, right?”

“Um, yes.” Janie sat close to her owners feet as the two human talked about Dog-Knows-What. “I love my person. Really, I was scared I wouldn’t get out of here. Do you know what happens when you don’t get out of here while you’re still cute? I’ve heard so many rumors.” Janie shuddered.

“Don’t be afraid, Janie. Rollings is just trying to make friends,” a voice said from above.

“The big thing is that you did get out of here! I better show you around the cool part of this place, Janie. Follow me!” Rollings lunged off, his owner being pulled across the aisle before getting him back under control.

“Did that hurt?” Janie winced.

“Heck no! They think it does. But it’s just our way to get their attention. Come on, there’s tennis balls and all kinds of stuff over here. Look, you just shake your head like this, slink back a bit, and your collar will come right off.”

“I don’t know….”

“Come on, Janie! It’s time to be a dog. Your person will be fine. Trust me!“

“Okay. Let’s go!” Janie ran off through the store after Rollings, a bond of friendship formed.

“Janie!”

“Rollings!”

Word Count: 295
© Copyright 2009 Beck Firing back up! (write2b at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1554563-Pet-Store-Friends