*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1554735-Purpose-of-Life
by xaleom
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1554735
I don't know, but let me help you find it.
What is the purpose of my life? is a question many of us ask ourselves. No, it is not! Most of us ask, What is the purpose of life? The answer to both questions is to understand the difference between them. Since, in order to answer a question, we must first understand what was asked.

Human species is constantly looking for approval. We get our writings reviewed. We search people’s faces for a reaction to the way we dress, act, speak, etc. Because of this very trait, we ask, what is the purpose of life? However, tacitly we mean to ask, what is the purpose of my life? So what we are really asking is, How can we live our lives to please others?

The question, what is the purpose of my life? is a oxymoron, when asked to someone other than oneself. Since, if it is really your life, then you—no one else— will define its purpose.  The conundrum commences when one asks themselves. The answer once again depends on which question you are trying to answer.
© Copyright 2009 xaleom (xaleom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1554735-Purpose-of-Life