*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555405-ayodhya-babri-masjid-squabble
by pranky
Rated: ASR · Article · Political · #1555405
Ayodhya-babri masjid dispute inscribed a huge rift in the India’s secular backdrop.
The ayodhya temple is located on the land which is the birthplace of lord ram who was the legendary king of ayodhya in ancient india. Ayodhya is in the faizabad district of uttar pradesh.

        On 6th december 1992 this temple was set up in ayodhya in place of the raucously demolished Babri masjid. The Babri mosque was built in the 16th century by emperor babur of the moghul dynasty. The mosque which stood on the ramkot hill was said to have been built on the vestiges of an ancient temple which was said to be in existence in the early 16th century.

        The mosque was brought down inspite of the prior commitment given by the supreme court that the mosque would stay unscathed.

    On 6th december 1992 some hundred thousands of hindu nationalists began the excavation of the mosque with the de facto ordain bestowed upon them by the political supremos.

                While the hindu karsevaks were tearing down the mosque in most reckless manner the other nationalists blocked all the entrances to the mosque and the access  to the police personnel and central security forces  was oppilated. With the ongoing demolition the nationalists were also given guidance to loot and set on fire the various houses occupied by the muslim masses. The muslim families who lived in the holocaust scene were brutally tortured, the girls and the women being inhumanly beaten up and the men smashed to pieces. More or less every muslim family's life was endangered.

    The beastly ambush set by the indian political parties had to incur a huge cost due to the quantum of jounce provided to the firm secular platform set up by our forefathers.This odious event later gave birth to two major spin-offs:The bombay riots 2000 which took away around 900 lives, left thousands injured and brought in a huge loss to life and property.

    The godhra train carnage 2002 which struck violence by exterminating 800 muslims with around 300 hindus and leaving thousands missing.

  The ayodhya babri masjid dispute which has been the spine to almost all of the communal violences at the hands of the covetous and power starving political superlatives has instilled an acrimonious relation amongst the hindu and the muslim brotherhood. The outcome of this event sterned the hindu-muslim divide.The muslims became all the more afraid and angry aganist the government for the atrocities suffered and they further lost confidence in whatever allegiance and  support the government provided them to hold out.
© Copyright 2009 pranky (pinna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555405-ayodhya-babri-masjid-squabble