*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555478-Lost
Rated: · Preface · Teen · #1555478
About a teenager with a horrible past and relationship.
She stood there in the woods. She was angry and didn’t want anyone to bother her, not even her mom, but she didn’t expect to run here. The night was coming fast and she needed to hurry up, if she wanted to get out of there. As she starts walking back down the path, she thought about the argument. How could he have done such cruel things to her? Were the beatings worth the stay? She couldn’t stop thinking about the fight as she looked into a puddle on the ground and saw her shattered reflection. Everybody told her not to be with him. At 17, you only want to prove to everybody that they’re wrong. Staring in the puddle, she realized she was wrong. She should had listened to her mom and stayed away from him. Now she’s living in hell and don’t know how to get out of it. Every night was the same old thing. He comes home, slams her against the wall, punches her a few times, and if the fight is upstairs, he pushes her down the stairs. Still staring at the reflection, her bruised up face screams the truth. All she felt were lost emotions. She missed her dad. She knew if he was still alive, this wouldn’t have happened. Her cocaine addiction wouldn’t have happened nor would have she dropped out of high school. She felt terrible now. She only knew that her dad would be so disappointed in what his “Baby Doll” had become.

“How could I have let this happened?” she thought aloud. “This is all wrong. I’ve been lost for too long. I gotta change before it’s too late. I just wanna be that same little girl again…..There’s no hope for me, now.”

Just when she thought it was all lost, the one person she least expected yelled her name from further down the path. It was her older brother. She was surprised that he was looking for her. They haven’t spoken since their dad died because of their love-hate relationship. Walking up to him, she hugged him tightly.

“I’m sorry for everything.” She whimpered.

“I know, Baby Doll. Let’s go home so mom can stop panickin’.” He said as he put his arm around her neck and started walking.

“What made you come here?” she asked.

“I realized you were lost this whole time.” He said. “You were only lost in figurin’ yourself out.”
© Copyright 2009 Wendolyn (wnw2010 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555478-Lost