*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555841-Flip-Side
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1555841
Ted's alter ego plans an act of terror. (Flash Fiction)
Written for the Daily Flash Fiction Challenge with a word limit of 300.

The prompts: Story must contain a wristwatch, a beehive and a hammer

Flip Side

The hum started at a distance announcing the inevitable the way dawn announces the coming sunrise. It gave Ted just enough time to pull off to the side of the road before the beehive consumed him. That was what he called it; the overwhelming buzz that preceded his mysterious blackouts.

At a rest stop near Atlanta, Georgia, cold eyes flashed open to a world of lies, bitterness and betrayal. The Jews, Blacks and Illegals were responsible for bringing down the country. They’d pay for their crimes. They had taken his job and brought poverty to his family. His smile revealed an intention of justifiable cruelty.

As the car eased onto the freeway, he glanced at his wristwatch and confirmed it was almost time. Without conscious thought, he drove directly to a storage facility where he found all the supplies he needed. Guns, ammunition, flares and gasoline filled the trunk of his car in preparation for what was certainly a mission for God.

Somewhere, deep down inside, a caged persona cried out for release. As with all of the times in the past, these pleas went unheeded.

The church parking lot was full. The more the merrier. he thought.

A car loaded with gasoline along with a remote detonator blocked the front entrance as the heavily armed man went around back. This was going to be a beautiful thing; a cleansing of his soul. How ironic that it would take place in this haven of hypocrisy.

The humming began as he sneaked up the stairwell, signaling there was not much time left. He needed to hurry. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. Gunfire would send many to the door where a fiery death waited. Taking aim, he tried to ignore the growing hum as he pulled back the hammer.

Word count 300



© Copyright 2009 Hyperiongate (hyperiongate at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555841-Flip-Side