*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556030-Finally-Complete
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #1556030
After going through terrible relationships I finally found my puzzle piece
I have walked a path of loneliness, disappointment and despair for so long that I only realize now, that I have never truly known what the warmth of love felt like.


You have warmed, and brought back to life, a soul that was cold, abandoned and alone.  I thought I had been hardened by the things that I have endured in this life, I had given up on happiness and love for myself and focused my attention on raising my daughter.  To smile EVERYDAY, for no particular reason, all day everyday was unheard of in my world.  You have invaded a space that I barricaded and locked up so I wouldn’t feel and get hurt again.  Yet you found a way in and have slowly brought down those barricades, brick by brick, lock by lock.  You have filled a void and a space in my heart that I never thought would be filled with the love and respect that I knew I deserved, you provide that every day.


Even in your absence, I feel you with me, always.  You have a spirit and a presence about you that is Love.  We both have been truly wronged by those we held closest to us, yet we can still love and trust.


There have been many nights that I have dreamt of a love like ours.  I never imagined that it was actually obtainable, not for me.  I didn’t think that what we have existed.  You don’t hear of it often and some don’t ever hear of it, and even fewer ever experience it.  A drama free, happy, honest and genuine love. 


I know I’m not perfect, and I definitely don’t have a perfect past.  What I do know, is that I love YOU and only you, and you are the ONLY one I want to be with for now and forever!  You are the last person I think of before I close my eyes at night and are the first person I think of when I am blessed to open my eyes in the morning.  I look forward to when you are the first person I see in the morning and the last person I see when I close my eyes. 


Avant put it perfectly in his song, “When It Hurts”, “Anything worth having’s worth fighting for, if we really want this thing to work we gotta go to war”…I refuse to let the “devil”, in any form, take my joy!  We both have dealt with the double standards, lies, drama and BS for TOO long and I REFUSE to do it any longer. 


This whole thing is so new to me, but it is everything I have ever wanted.  Having a functional relationship, sharing my life and love with someone.  Our goals and dreams are so similar.  We want the same things out of life, love and relationships.  We talk, about everything, even if it’s difficult, verbal communication has always been difficult for me and you are patient and understand. 


There are things that I may have a hard time expressing to you, yet you know before I can utter the words.  You allow me to be me without compromise or judgment.  You love me unconditionally, for all that I am and for all that I am not, in the same way I love you!  You complete me in every way.


As Heather Headley said “He Is” and You ARE…  God willing you will be the last…


Dedicated to Christopher.
With Love and Respect for the rest of our lives
© Copyright 2009 Authntk (authntk1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556030-Finally-Complete