*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556937-Obamas-Inaguaration-Day-in-Bequia
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #1556937
On the island in the Antilles, Bequia celerates along with the world!
On January 20, 2009, Barack Obama was sworn in as president of the US. I'm a US citizen, and was in Bequia that day for the remarkable event that has and will change the world as we know it. Being a stockholder in the outcome, I realized that I was not alone. The day was spent in the lobby of the Frangipani Hotel, Bequia, with the owner, Son Mitchell. As the ex-Prime Minister of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, he has a political bent. As a resident of the country, he was excited about the goings on in the US as much as I was.



Son had invited his friends and family to share the moment. He served us champagne and appetizers, and made us comfortable in the sweltering heat as we watched enforce the freezing cold of Washington DC and the process unfolding. When I swung my head around to see who all was there, it was a snapshot of a remarkable flow of colors and thoughts sharing this moment as one. Electrifying, we all were riveted to the flat screen, and forgot to toast with our drinks it was so inspirational. Everyone was a shareholder in that moment.



There were people from all the islands, Canada, the US, Sweden, Europe, and we all were rooting for the same thing. We were focused on the possibilities of the future, as the future was that moment.

© Copyright 2009 Capt Art (capart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556937-Obamas-Inaguaration-Day-in-Bequia