*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557012-Breakfast-on-Venus
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1557012
There's nothing more wonderful than ordinary life.
There was a sizzling sound when Emma placed slices of bacon on a frying pan. She savoured the scent of frying meat as she flipped them around with a spatula. She didn’t usually have time for breakfast, but today was different. It was her first proper day off in long while. For the past few weeks she'd been working very hard on a new deal that was sure to get her a partnership in the firm.

When the bacon was done, she moved to put some bread in the toaster. She didn’t notice her partner Caitlyn who had just stepped into the kitchen and was now leaning on the counter.

Caitlyn watched as Emma buttered the toast and arranged them on plates with the bacon. She walked over to her, wrapped her arms around Emma’s waist and kissed her on the neck.

Emma smiled and turned around to place a sweet kiss on her partner’s lips.

“Good morning," she murmured.

“Good morning, love," Caitlyn replied. “Do you have any idea how wonderful it is to wake up to this?”

“And what would that be?” Emma asked seductively.

“Fresh bacon and toast! I’m starving.”

Caitlyn reached towards a plate behind Emma’s back but she noticed this and slapped on the hand.

“Paws off! Go sit down and I’ll bring the food over.”

“Yes, ma’am," Caitlyn saluted and moved over to the table.

Emma placed two plates on the table, along with two cups of Earl Grey. Caitlyn took her cup, breathed in the scent and sighed. She put the cup down and reached over the table to kiss Emma once more.

“You’re amazing, baby, you know that? I don’t deserve you.”

“You got that right.”

“Ouch. That was harsh.”

“Only kidding”, Emma said and smiled reassuringly. “So, how's that new project of yours coming along?”

“You mean the sculpture? It's coming along nicely. Although, I think I'd do a much better job if I had a live model.”

“Oh yeah? Who were you thinking about?” Emma asked innocently.

Then she noticed Caitlyn was staring at her with 'that look' on her face.

“Oh no...”

“Oh yes.”

“No way in hell!”

Emma got up and started cleaning up everything in sight as she did everytime she got nervous. Caitlyn stopped her and pulled her into her arms, but Emma wouldn't calm down.

“Catie, I am NOT going to model for you!”

“Listen, love, just listen! Take a deep breath. Calm down.”

Emma did as she was told and took a deep breath. She still looked firm, but Caitlyn could feel her lover's tense muscles relax.

“Listen, Emma. You are beautiful, you truly are, and it pains me to see how little credit you give yourself. You may think you're old and fat and tired but to me you're like the goddess Venus. I wish you'd let me immortalize your gorgeus body so you could see yourself through my eyes.”

The couple stood there in silence for a while, staring into each other's eyes. Emma could see in Caitlyn's eyes that she meant every word she said. She sighed as she recognised her defeat.

“Fine. I'll model for you. But only on one condition!”

“Anything," Caitlyn promised.

“No-one sees this piece unless I say it's okay!”

“Of course. So... Deal?”

Emma nodded.

“Deal.”

Caitlyn tilted Emma's head up and kissed her gently on the lips.

“You won't regret this, I promise.”

“I think I already am. Now, could we get back to the breakfast? My tea's getting cold.”

“Yes, ma'am.”
© Copyright 2009 blaidd-ddyn (blaidd-ddyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557012-Breakfast-on-Venus