*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557250-Goodnight
Rated: E · Fiction · None · #1557250
a good short story
Goodnight
Carefully and quietly you load up your weapon on the rooftop, you attach everything needed to your Dragunov sniper rifle and check everything is in working order because if you screw this up, your cover will be blown. You look through your scope which gives a zoomed in view of your target, you feel exhausted, you’re barely breathing but you know this hit is important and will only add to your collection of kills, this is what makes you the best out there. You have no remorse about killing this man, as you know the horrors he has done to people. He arrives in his Ferrari three sixty, exits wearing a striking suit. “Sorry to have to spoil your suit, mate” you grunt. You pick up the weapon, it feels like you two have a connection, you get into position and place your index finger on the trigger, knowing your months of work following this guy will soon be over in a couple of seconds. Then you pull the trigger and watch him slump to the ground, a pool of blood now forming around his head and all you have to say is “goodnight” to him as you flee the scene and into the shadows of the night.
© Copyright 2009 bimz da beast (bimz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557250-Goodnight