*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557545-Letter-to-Rhonda-Marr
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by opsdog
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Relationship · #1557545
If you find this, give me a holler.
As I end another long term relationship, my thoughts center on those women that I have loved.  This has become the expected and normal reaction. 

I was not surprised that you have not attended the high school reunions.  I know that you did not enjoy high school and you could not put it behind you fast enough.

But I would like to hear from you.  An email or a phone call.

I understand if you are suspicious of my motives.  We have led lives with no overlap for 20+ years.

I'll try to answer why I ask by first telling you why not.

  - Not to rekindle a long-past romance.  I trust that you are good with whatever your relationship status is. 

  - Not to apologize for sins of the past.  We did that in the first year following our break-up.

  - Not to "make sure you're okay."  That is your responsibility and you are more than capable of taking care of yourself.

  - Not to show off who I am.  I am not proud of who I am right now.

  - Not to relive "glory days."  High school wasn't glory days for either of us.  Hopefully you are in yours now.

That pretty much rules out the normal reasons people want to get back in touch.  So why is this important to me?

You played a fundamental role in shaping who I am.  I can trace aspects of my personality and outlooks directly back to you.  That makes you important to me and I'd like to not completely lose track of the important people in my life.

I'm going to put this out on a bunch of sites.  If you run across it, give me a holler - doug.greenwald@gmail.com
© Copyright 2009 opsdog (opsdog at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557545-Letter-to-Rhonda-Marr