*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558148-The-Failure
by H.K.
Rated: · Short Story · Mystery · #1558148
She tells the story herself...
I had worked so hard. Tears began to well up in my eyes. It was so not fair. Silent, angry tears rolled down my cheeks.I looked in the mirror, feeling pity for the poor creature who had this injustice done to her. My eyes roamed acrosd the room, still swimming in tears, and rested on the report card. I, the A student, was being stared down by the big, ugly, fat F, and I ran to my bed, crying.
It was so not fair.


I dreaded looking at her, the villainous creature. The very sight of her made me want to rip her open. I felt a smile on my face. How glorious it would be to-
"Miss Mahnoor Qazi,"it drawled. I scowled, unable to contain my fury.
"Yes Miss Sarah?" I looked at her, my eyes filled with loathing, hers with pure hatred.
"Get up immediately," and I got up from my chair."I will not tolerate this king of behavior from my science class''. Her every word dripped with venom, like the deadly snake she was. "Until you apologize for you behavior, i will be considering about giving you detention." Inside, I felt like I was boiling. I wasn't going to apologize to anybidy, not that I really did misbehave. I stood up during the whole class.
I wasn't embarassed anymore. I had always been embarrassed when the year started. But she hadn't failed me then. Everyone would nod with understanding now and then. They knew Miss Sarah was after me for no reason, so they rarely told on me. Thet felt i suffered enough everyday in science class.
While I was daydreaming on the best way to kill her, she would occasionally stop and sneer at me, and that too, dripping heavily with poison. I felt sick, but was saved by the bell. I trudged out of the class, with my friend, Amena Khalil. She seldom spoke to me after science, because she knew i might lash out my feeling at anyone. I sighed. This was so unfair.
It was almost three o'clock. The bell was about to ring- three- two- one -FREEDOM!! From the horrible vulture, Miss Sarah. But here is some advice, little one. Never feel too good about yourself. Someone will make it their business to knock you down again. As always, it was Miss Sarah.
"Miss Mahnoor", she spit out,"Your detention will take place in my classroom''. And she walked away, a haughty figure against the wave of students.I silently swore, then made my way to the classroom.


It was partly my fault I was late. My... um, father had... called and so I was fiddling with my cellphone- Oh what's the use. Might as well give up the charade now.
Before I could flip my cellphone shut, SHE appeared. By God, I thought. She must be some kind of djinni.
"Ahem", she said, her eyes still showing pure hatred,"You are not allowed to have mobiles in the school".
"It's a cellphone, you old crone, and it's you fault I'm here'', I retorted, shocked at my guts and coolness.
"Keep you mouth shut'', she snapped. Clearly, her mind was busy forvwhat torchure she should give. We walked to the lab, and I sat down, while she worked on a Bunsen burner. There was a lit one next to her. I glared at it, willing it to somehoe blow up. All of a sudden, BOOM!!
Miss Sarah shrieked, while laughed, my voice deep and different to me then. As she burned and screamed to death, I circled around her, laughing that deep, menacing laugh. When she was a pile of ashes, i leaped out the fourth story window, and dissapeared into the woods'', she finished.
"Wow Mummy, you were so cool", said a five year old child. He was pale, and beautiful, with deep, topaz eyes and jetblack hair. He had his black, velvet wings folded behind his back, as he sat on his young mother's lap. She also was pale and beautiful, with dark brown hair, and light,honey colored eyes.
"And she NEVER, ever knew you were one of us ??"
"She did, but when she was sure, she was dying, the old crone" said the woman, her voice as sweet as music. She laughed, her voice hardening as she remembered the evil, unfair, science teacher.
© Copyright 2009 H.K. (hkhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558148-The-Failure