*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558770-The-SOSSchool-of-spirits-prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Young Adult · #1558770
First novel from back when I was in 4th grade(but edited). Hope you guys like it. ^_^
What seemed like a normal, rainy and gloomy day for anyone was one of the big steps a few, fate-drawn teenagers were going to take; the were going back to school—their worries behind their shoulders but there past still in front of them, constantly slapping their faces.

Yes, even though it was a colorless, rainy Monday, it was nonetheless, beautiful. For almost 2 years, no one even dared to walk the streets of our city unprotected…now, it seemed like almost everything was back to normal…well, most of them.

The trumpet’s siren from the nearby army camp rung through the city streets, signaling the start of a new morning, a new beginning, a new life. The birds were twittering near my window, their chirps making my pounding heart slow down a bit more. Everything seemed so simple, so unconfusing…but I knew it wouldn’t be that long until it would all go away…especially when I saw him.

Hi, my name’s Jeanne. I’m fourteen years old and I study at the coveted but infamous Saint Philomena School. Why infamous? Well, you’ll learn soon enough. But I warn you, there are things in this school that even I can’t tell, because I don’t understand most of it. Some say it was once a mansion that was condemned and burned while there were two infants inside. Some say it was once a graveyard that was destroyed at the beginning of the American regime.

But I’m gonna tell you my story…it’s set after the cruel, bloodshed terrorist war the was nicknamed ‘the Apocalypse I’ because the term ‘World War III’ seemed mild when you put it…when something unbelievable…inhuman…murderous happened right in front of me and my classmates, that would destroy our lives forever.

© Copyright 2009 Stardust (starsweeper at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558770-The-SOSSchool-of-spirits-prologue