*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559239-When-Jesus-rode-the-Carrousel
by jody
Rated: 18+ · Sample · Emotional · #1559239
From a manuscript written in prison. Classified - fiction The characters are not.
    And Tina loved the Carrousel! She was always happy when the, Lucky Duck Pond was located in close proximity, as it was today. Most of the early crowd dispersed at the end of  the Children's Matinee, but a remnant of young mothers were still present, accompanied by their enthusiastic, joyful offspring, and Kiddy Land was still doing a brisk, if not thriving business. The Carrousel was getting it's share as she watched the children being lifted onto the backs of the sparkling, white horses, with their brilliant, red saddles and harnesses.

      The sight never ceased to fill her with a sense of nostalgia as she sat there, head cradled in her hands, to see the smiles and hear the laughter; as Alvin and the chipmunks flavored the,*Yellow Rose of Texas, with lyrical delight, and the anxious toddlers began to revolve beneath that silky, baby blue canopy. She couldn't help but smile herself as one little girl began crying, protesting this new experience; a reluctant passenger to say the least!

      And she wondered what might've frightened the tender young mind, as she tried to view the scenery through the eyes of a child. There was really no basis to compare, in a world where Robitrons were considered the norm, as they destroyed galaxies on Saturday morning cartoons,or Gargomel's never ending plots to launch holocaust on a whole race of gentle Smurfs! Slimers! Beetlejuices! Shredders! (Gee kid! That pretty Carrousel horse seems timid in comparison.) But then she remembered Hansel and Gretel, and the fear of her parents leaving her in the deep, dark forest.

    Her devoted, loving parents! Were they perhaps, looking down from somewhere up there? And what would they think of,*God's Little Measure, today? The old, affectionate nickname, might've began painting on the canvas of her imagination but she diverted the attention, concluding that here and now; was all that really mattered anyway!

      One mother in particular caught her attention as she supervised her merry, young daughter's journey through the wonderland of brilliant, white steeds. So radiant and pretty; and pregnant again! Tina paused to revel momentarily, in that soft, special glow, about the woman's countenance. And heard melody that generated song without the necessesity of audio. The lyrics were poetic in there very nature. *I am loved! *She is loved! We are love!

      She sighed and thought of Jessie and what his children might look like. Would they have his dark hair? Or chocolate brown eyes, reflecting myriads of emotion? Their eyes would never emanate the sadness that was an integral part of Jessie's steady gaze. Of that she would make certain. If they were boys they'd carry his slim but muscular form. They wouldn't be too tall either, for she was only five ft. four in. and Jessie but two inches taller, but that was OK; because they wouldn't be too short. They would be,*Just Right! And if they were girls- - -?

      The moment was broken as the music interrupted and the Carrousel halted to disembark it's delighted passengers. The pretty Mother would probably go home now, to prepare dinner for her perfect little family. Her innocent, young daughter would play contentedly on the living room floor. With Coloring Books! Barbie Dolls! Tina sighed again. And remembered the previous year when Jessie had taken her for a ride on the,*Noble Steeds, and how silly they must've looked up there with all the children. But he agreed with her; that of all the rides the Carrousel was the most majestic, magnificent! A carnival just wouldn't be complete without one. And Tina loved the Carrousel!



© Copyright 2009 jody (jodysong at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559239-When-Jesus-rode-the-Carrousel