*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559327-Elemental-Rnd-12---Water
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1559327
Birth of a water nymph.
"Hey. Hello? Hey, you there... I am talking to you." Hmmm. She must not have heard me. Maybe she doesn't understand me. I wonder. What was that she was holding? Where was she going? I have got to find her.

"Hello? Excuse me? Anyone there!?" Ugh. This can't be happening. We were all suppose to head south and meet at that old dock. Eww. That old dock. That Lake. The water was once clear and beautiful. Now, it's just a  giant mud hole. Where is everyone? Did they see that thing? What was it?

"Jay, Chrissy, Beth, Derek, Matt? Anyone? This isn't funny guys. I didn't want to be here in the first place. Please! I just want to go home." Ahh. I think I know what it was carrying. It looked sort of... like a baby, almost. Just distorted a bit. It was headed toward the dock. That's where I am headed.

" Wait. I see you. There by the path. Please wait. I am so tired. I just have to stop for a bit." Oh well. There she goes. I guess i won't ever know what she was doing way out here. Not many people come out this far. Especially not alone. I just gonna sit here a minute, catch my breathe, and start going again.

"No. Don't! What are you doing? You can't put that baby in there. It will sink and suffocate in the mud. No! You can't!" What is going on? Where are my friends? Am I really the only person who knows this is happening? I can't believe what I just saw her do. She just threw that baby into the center of the mud hole.

"Holy Cow. What the heck is going on? Where is all the mud going?" Wow. Is that really clear water? I am so confused. It's as if the mud is being sucked into the center. Hold on a sec. There is something forming. There in the middle. What is that?

"Beautiful. That figure in the center. It's a woman. She's breathe taking." Where did she come from? No way. Was she the baby? But how could that be? Poof! Just like that. Throw a baby in a mud hole and oiut comes a beautiful woman. Yeah. Right! Here she comes.

"Hello. Hi. Have you seen my friends around here?"
© Copyright 2009 Violet Vixen (v.vixen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559327-Elemental-Rnd-12---Water