*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559406-Shes-In-Clarenville
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1559406
To capture a moment in which no huge event is taking place. Life. Thoughts on life.
She's in Clarenville.


She's in Clarenville, and the cold is coming. It gets darker every day and the wind goes right through me. I’m standing at a bus stop with a boy who can’t drive. Everything looks grey. My teeth chatter – maybe we should walk. Bus stops always make me think of school. Remember when she pierced her ear with the old safety pin in French Class? Or when your brother told me it was tofu in the soup? It was fish. The boy who can’t drive is telling me my shoes are untied. At least this gives my hands something to do, since they aren’t in his. He showed me pictures he drew when he was high. They made my head spin. I fell off the structure and had the wind knocked out of me, and I was never so scared in my life. Now she's in Clarenville, where the houses are far apart and the ocean cools the air.
© Copyright 2009 Madeleine Magnolia (madeleine29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559406-Shes-In-Clarenville