*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559627-Clean---End-Paragraph
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1559627
The end of a chapter in my life. The beginning of something new.
I held my hand up in the morning light, letting the pure white rays slip past my finger tips. I inspected each and every turn of skin for any trace of the dark blotches that used to taint it. To my surprise, my hand was clean. I couldn’t find a single spot or imperfection. Hers came up next to mine, pale and delicate. Palm to palm, she matched our fingers flawlessly. Then slowly, she laced each finger with care. Hesitant and uncertain, I followed suit, closing my hand around hers. For that one moment everything was perfect. Everything in my body was at ease. The weight that had been bearing down on my shoulder was gone. The lurking shadows of my past that haunted my every step… also gone. Those ungodly stains on my hands that only I could see… Gone. All gone. I was clean. The former darkness that had consumed my light was gone. It had finally been cleansed. And she had been the one to cleanse it. Happiness had finally returned to my life.

By Slayder S. Monte
© Copyright 2009 Forever Heart Broken (alliance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559627-Clean---End-Paragraph